Want an RC Kubelwagen

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Want an RC Kubelwagen

Post by Will01Capri »

M2 metric rod ends, small micro damper shock units and metal axles bearings and universal driveshafts bought in. Most of the threads into plastic have brass threaded inserts. It just helps improve the robustness of the model and let's it work well. I enjoy piecing these things together in my head.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Robust indeed! Jim, have you decided on a color scheme yet, markings, etc. for this little gem? I'm just checking to see if the obsessive behavior has started yet?

Inquiring minds want to know,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

It will definitely be assigned to the 502nd and I’ll probably put a wooly mammoth on the front right fender for the hell of it. I’ll scour some photos to get an idea but it will be gray like my Tiger.
EAO

Post by EAO »

Jimster wrote:It will definitely be assigned to the 502nd and I’ll probably put a wooly mammoth on the front right fender for the hell of it. I’ll scour some photos to get an idea but it will be gray like my Tiger.
All righty then! Pretty much what I think everyone else was thinking. Now the waiting game begins!

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

A great day here in Illinois! I received my beautifully created Kubelwagen from WCP Models and couldn’t be happier. They even included an extra fuel drum and Jerry can. I feel that they’ve definitely gone the extra mile (kilometer) for me and I encourage everyone to check out their website as I’m sure everyone could benefit from at least one of their high quality products. Fast shipping and protective packaging is the norm. Please support our very own forum member’s efforts to support our hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:A great day here in Illinois! I received my beautifully created Kubelwagen from WCP Models and couldn’t be happier. They even included an extra fuel drum and Jerry can. I feel that they’ve definitely gone the extra mile (kilometer) for me and I encourage everyone to check out their website as I’m sure everyone could benefit from at least one of their high quality products. Fast shipping and protective packaging is the norm. Please support our very own forum member’s efforts to support our hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Jim, just picked this up.
Glad to see you are happy with the Kubelwagen, i really enjoyed finishing the design off on that with all the details.
I only hope we can continue to design more and more detailed and functional models like that and the Pak40 etc.

Catherine also mentioned you sent a few emails across so we will get something back to you today.

You are going to make that a great model and i really hope you enjoy it. I was thinking about you receiving yours last night in fact and started to print the chassis for another one as i fancy one for myself, don't tell Catherine hahahaha

You made a good point about the packaging, we have been accused of using too much haha. After spending soo much time designing, printing, cleaning and assembling i do not believe in not trying to protect as much as possible. I have parcels sent around the world with work and time and time again i hear parts arrived damaged because someone was too careful with not using packing material. But for us we really wrap it up like a baby.

Thanks again for the kind words and i look forward to seeing pictures and videos once you have it finished.
Take care
Will :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Holy Crap Balls! That was some incredibly fast shipping! I thought it would take at least a fort night. That's almost as impressive as the kubelwagen it's self!

Now it's all on Jim. I foresee great things coming up!

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Ah, the proud Papa and his baby! Just look at that s*#t eating grin, and the sparkle in his eyes! It's obviously love at first sight, and who could blame him? I've christened your new toy with another nickname. Nothing as regal sounding as "Miss Leningrad", but fittingly appropriate. I've named her "Lil Puddle Jumper"!

Do you think he ever takes that shirt off?! :D Just kidding!

Regards,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Ha ha! That’s my special rc tank shirt 8)
I found a spare 8 channel receiver laying around (total overkill) so tomorrow I’ll bind it to my QX7, make a battery pack and test drive this little jewel.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

8 channel receiver! Wowser you adding lots of extra options then haha.
Enjoy the test drive
I found the dumborc 4,5&6 channel setups come with a tiny receiver that should fit under the dash and remain hidden.
I have printed another for myself to build somepoint.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Wanted”