Nitrotek - the worst ever

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
IV(AC)
Recruit

Re: Nitrotek - the worst ever

Post by IV(AC) »

BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

A final thought on this Trader, today on a Facebook page someone was asking for help with his HL Sherman tank which he had just received. Two batteries were supplied with it, the tank refused to work with one and fired up for seconds with the other before dying. The batteries had been fully charged by him and he was wondering if they might be faulty. I asked him if he had something else to try the batteries in, as this was similar to my own issues. Sadly he did not.

I then asked who he had purchased from and when...........guess what Nitrotek. On their website these tanks have been out of stock for at least 3 weeks. Most sellers in the country I had previously contacted before finding my own Sherman, told me they are not expecting new supplies until towards the end of May earliest.

The chap said the tank had suddenly appeared in stock, so he bought it. When he checked back on the site shortly after, Shermans were again out of stock. Funnily enough I had two batteries in mine as well, and my tank from them failed in a similar manner.

I'm not making any assumptions as to whether this was the tank I returned, but it is mighty coincidental, that it was posted for sale online, around the time I got my short changed refund made.

I will leave fellow forumers to make their own conclusions.

I suggested to the chap that he read this message thread carefully and to look at the many reviews online.
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Well Paypal have still not responded to my request for help a week on from asking.

However I see my latest promise to the company that I had involved Trading Standards, and would consider the issue of a Small Claims Court claim has provoked them into refunding the balance of the money they short paid me from the purchase.

Needless to say the matter of the outstanding insured return courier amount remains outstanding - as they are liable for in Law..........all rather pathetic by them over such small amounts really, the admin time they have spent in their behaviour far exceeds this I am sure. They didn't bother letting me know about the refund as yet though.
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

A further update - Paypal have responded and said because he made a partial refund BEFORE a dispute was logged, they can help no further.

I have put a complaint into them regarding this as adopting this attitude lets this Seller get away with breaking the Consumer Laws.

Their recommended solution was to get Citizens Advice to help me get the money back -- I told them I was disgusted with this answer and that it clearly showed that the Paypal Agents do not have a clue about Consumer Law or what Citizens Advice can do.

***** SO if you have any problem at all - from the outset put a Paypal Claim in - that will stop this company using Paypals system to get away with not making full refunds.
jcole134
Recruit

Post by jcole134 »

So, my other half went and bought me a Panther G Metal Edition from Nitrotek on Monday (28/10/2020) for next day delivery. It arrived Wednesday so not exactly next day. When I opened the outer box I have to admit that I was surprised to find that it's the latest version with the V3 control board and everything and not the version advertised on there website for £270. Outside of it arriving a day late the only other real issue I had with it was that he tubes for the smoker weren't attached and were instead split. I will say that I was somewhat apprehensive though, (especially because of how cheap it was) as everything I've researched about Nitrotek leads me to believe there customer service is the culprit for them being a bad company so I'm glad I haven't had to test it lol.
How 900
Recruit

Post by How 900 »

Hello, I am completely new to RC Tanks and I went and bought a Tank from Nitrotek........without checking any Forum's. Only afterward did I check but by that time I had already parted with my money so I was pretty nervous but thought I would see what turned up in the post !
My experience was much the same as jcole134, what turned up was a surprise, V3 with full metal spec including metal road wheels and recoiling BB cannon. Again it arrived a day late and trying to communicate with Nitrotek was a complete waste of time.......but the Tank seems completely fine after a couple of times out so all ok I guess. I didn't expect a V3 full metal tank for less than £250.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

To jcole134, How 900 and anyone else looking.

Just like any vendor on the planet, nitrotek can deliver a good product. Where nitrotek fail is in their obligation as a supplier, once they take your money for goods, they have entered a contract to supply those goods to a satisfactory conclusion. Nitrotek seem to think that once they have your money and send you the product, their obligation has ended, but that's not how it works.

I have myself purchased a couple of tanks off of them many years past, one turned up as it should have been, the other wasn't as advertised. But, after checking the net, I found out that what I had was still a good price, and never came with idler adjusters as standard anyway.

Like I said, any company can be good when things go as planned. The true test of a vendor is when they go wrong. And this company has shown many times over that they can't keep their contractual obligations.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jcole134
Recruit

Post by jcole134 »

Thank you for the lesson but it was not required, at least for me. I've been around awhile and now how the system both works and is 'supposed' to work.

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”