LeMans 2020

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Re: LeMans 2020

Post by FredtheFrench »

If you are an unconditional fan then you have to go at least once.
you will not be disoriented, there are nearly 60,000 Englishmen every year who come for this race. :thumbup: :clap:
So see you next year on the circuit? :D
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Hmmm - not next year, perhaps in a few years when I have retired. I'm planning an Edelweiss motorbike tour in two years and it's a big commitment to come from Australia!
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

I haven't see you was from Australia... :D

If one day you comme to Le Mans, tell me. :thumbup:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

First went in 1988, Group C days when Jaguar won it once more, great days. If a person does one motor race it should be Le Man 24hr. there is nothing like it, just done my 'tour of duty' start to finish, with good results for me. Toyota LMP 1 winners, United Autosport LMP 2 winners, and Aston Martin GTE pro and GTE am winners.
I never finish anyth
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

FredtheFrench wrote:I haven't see you was from Australia... :D

If one day you comme to Le Mans, tell me. :thumbup:
:thumbup: Oui!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Nice picture of the RS2600.... The best looking gp2 Capri in my opinion. The UK 3100 variants with their flat top arches just didn't quite match up.

Now, was the Ford GT40 the last US winning entry? Wasn't the Ford MK4 that replaced it and took a 1,2,3 finish a US built car?

I thought the Aston Martin class wins were superb this year.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The Ford GT40 mk2 took the top 3 places in 1966, but was designed and built in the UK. The mk4 won in 1967, with Ferraris second and third. The mk4 was designed and built in the US. It was the first car, team and drivers from the US to win at Le Mans
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Thanks for that clarification. It was Sebring where the mk4 did its thing. Despite so many big names it will always be the Chaparral 2F and Ford's P68 that lll remember most fondly. My Cox 1/24 2E slot racer was beautiful but hopelessly light and top heavy on the track. Became a shelf queen before it got damaged leaving a brass rod sledge 2F blob to wear out the local raceway. Ohh, the sixties.... :crazy:
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

silversurfer1947 wrote:The mk2 took the top 3 places in 1966, but was designed and built in the UK. The mk4 won in 1967, with Ferraris second and third. The mk4 was designed and built in the US. It was the first car, team and drivers from the US to win at Le Mans
Ordinarily I would have let this pass but as the three Astons won in their particular classes and not of course the overall race I think I should be allowed to offer at least one American car and a pair of American Drivers winning in class at Le Mans.
Briggs Cunningham entered four cars in the 1960 24 hours they were an "E" Type Jaguar and 3 Chevrolet Corvettes,
The Jaguar and numbers 1 and 2 of the Corvettes failed to finish But Corvette 3 driven by John Fitch and Bob Grossman came in 8th overall and gained a 5th in the GT class AND a FIRST in the upto 5 litre class.
So as long as we are counting class wins as you are with the 3 Aston Martins then a privateer American Car and American Drivers preceded the full blown money no object Ford Team with its class WIN by seven years :thumbup: .
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Ad Lav wrote:Funnily enough I watched Le Mans 66 with Matt Damon and Christian Bale the other night, cracking film, well worth a watch!

I do like the new Astons.

Don’t think an American car has won since the GT40 in the sixties...
You and me both, great film

As for running races without spectators well its really sad. The best races have always been the ones i have been to as you get to sense and feel them for real.
Hope this covid crap hurry's up and buggers off, we all need a sense or normality to return so we can enjoy life luxuries like going out
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Off topic”