Want an RC Kubelwagen

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Re: Want an RC Kubelwagen

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Some updates of the first build
Still a long way away, there are items and details still to print and fix, but we are really pleased with how this is turning out.
Hardest thing we imagine is hiding the wiring as this is a small open model.
Hope you like it so far Jim

Will decided to make the dorrs open and hinge as they should, but then went totally bonkers and made workign door handles for it!
The windscreen can be folded down or pulled up! Wiper blades and motor boxes still to install(no don't worry we are not making them actually work!......oh dear that may have given him another challenge!)

The top cover will be hinged and hide a 2s lipo or lion battery
The esc will be mounted somewhere when we can find space haha
A small micro receiver will be hidden up front under the front bonnet section

The suspension works with 4 link on back and a floating beam up front connected to nice micro alloy shock units. So maybe a upgraded Kubelwagen on some 'Koni' esque adjustaable coilovers haha

The tyres on this particular model are Tamiya tyres, which are now long discontinued and very hard to get hold of now, so if we make others in future we may have to make our own or continue to use Baloon style tyres which can still be bought from Tamiya or distributors
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Man that is so cool! I understand none of it, but I sure love the way it looks. Amazing talent and knowledge! Very nice website too.

I'll be watching with awe!

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

This is going to be so cool! Observing the process involved makes it even better. Hell, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it any justice.
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

Estnische wrote:Hi JImster,

If you are interested in the Abt 502, you may like these video histories of the Armee Gruppe Nord retreat from Leningrad. There is even some posed footage of Carius that looks like it was taken when he received his Knights Cross.

I'm impressed by the work of this young man. The graphics make it much easier than constantly referring to maps and a lot of cool archival footage used. Certainly opens your eyes regarding the number of non-German troops fighting the Russians.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6-T_gP8ysG
My Grandfathers family is from Riga - Latviya - moved back to germany in 1928 , five brithers , four sisters , 4 brothers served in the Waffen SS , one was in 43-45 in a latvian SS Reg in there Korps , surrender with the unit together with Nordland in Berlin

Be safe , the Atam Kübel drives not good , the gear and eloengine is not a good quality , in HL Forum Jham have a building report and shows what he did for work to make him drive great

William , the cost for your Kübel as a rtr ?
Would like to go home
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Hi Ralf. The cost Catherine will put up in the vendor section once this one is finished.
There are also lots of options and extras which could be specced into the build e.g.opening or fixed door. I fancy getting a turret designed for it in time aswell.
I would say in comparison to other models on the market this works out very cheap. But it also looks and works great
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Jimster wrote:This is going to be so cool! Observing the process involved makes it even better. Hell, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it any justice.
Jim, I think you'll do the creator's of that kubel wagon just fine! Too bad you couldn't find a scale figure of Otto himself. Do I foresee a giant diorama in your basement? If so you should charge admission. It is very exciting to watch your "baby" come to life!
RenoirLV wrote:At this hour I can only digress too. Otto’s story is amazing. To survive all that is just a miracle.

Carius was indeed a Tiger in an unassuming human form. Can you even imagine having your foot smashed between a Tiger's turret and the hull?! I think I'd rather get shot! Just not seven times! Amazing book that I'm closing in on the ending now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

EAO wrote:
Jimster wrote:This is going to be so cool! Observing the process involved makes it even better. Hell, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it any justice.
Jim, I think you'll do the creator's of that kubel wagon just fine! Too bad you couldn't find a scale figure of Otto himself. Do I foresee a giant diorama in your basement? If so you should charge admission. It is very exciting to watch your "baby" come to life!
RenoirLV wrote:At this hour I can only digress too. Otto’s story is amazing. To survive all that is just a miracle.

Carius was indeed a Tiger in an unassuming human form. Can you even imagine having your foot smashed between a Tiger's turret and the hull?! I think I'd rather get shot! Just not seven times! Amazing book that I'm closing in on the ending now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I can only say i know where a 1/6 scale figure is and the owner is willing to sell.
But he may be a little too big for this 1/16 Kubelwagen.
However it would be possible to scale up the model! haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Perhaps Jimster could be talking into upsizing to 1/6 scale?! I believe on the forum here it's referred to as "turning to the dark side"? Just imagine how far he would go with the detailing!

What do you think Jim?

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’m too invested in 1/16 scale. Easier to carry (and pay for).
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:I’m too invested in 1/16 scale. Easier to carry (and pay for).
Hahahahahhaha
I'm with you Jim, I like 1/16 for me as it suits our small house.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Wanted”