Wich elmod for my torro tiger2????

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Andreabert
Private

Re: Wich elmod for my torro tiger2????

Post by Andreabert »

Well , Silversurfer, i dont mind to use the tank on battles or shows ect. Its for my personal fun only. I dont need to install new lights or ao. What i would its to improove sounds and movement og the tank. I never used any rc... so im prerry sure 16 channel will be too much for me... but as you told is better that i read some rewiew before buy it.
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Just to be sure. I have to buy a 2.4 ghz radio, right?
I need also a receiver to install with the new board or the elmod board have it?
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Rad... i real all you wrote about the radio. But one thing is not clear to me.
I can buy the radio on amazon ( radiomaster 16s doesnt cost too much), but i also need to buy something else that go into the radio, or into the board, to match the radio signal,
Or, as i do now with torro radio, when i switch on bot, they pair automatically??
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Andreabert wrote:Rad... i real all you wrote about the radio. But one thing is not clear to me.
I can buy the radio on amazon ( radiomaster 16s doesnt cost too much), but i also need to buy something else that go into the radio, or into the board, to match the radio signal,
Or, as i do now with torro radio, when i switch on bot, they pair automatically??
Yes, you need receivers. Get a flysky 10ch receiver and you will be well served.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

No receiver with Elmod,the purchasse is made with the transmitter,and depending on the number of channels,(firmaware upgrade ) on PC but "Rad "will hit me knock :{ :D
No it is necessary to pair ( binder)the radios as,same as for the original HL.Or Torro,etc.
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Guys...lol
Why Rad say i need it and Jofaur say no????
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yes, you must use a receiver, which plugs into the board, to enable the radio to send commands to the board. Receivers are inexpensive so there’s no reason not to get a good 10 channel one. I use the FlySky mentioned by Rad. Tarranis QX7 and the Radiomaster TX16S are excellent radios and will do everything you could ever want a radio to do. Neither of those radios are too terribly expensive. If you really desire a first rate Elmod board because of it’s potential, don’t limit yourself with a 6 channel receiver and 6 channel radio.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Andreabert wrote:Just to be sure. I have to buy a 2.4 ghz radio, right?
I need also a receiver to install with the new board or the elmod board have it?
Here you ask if Elmod comes,with the receiver?? :( I answer no it's not like the HL ,turntable where everything is inclued!!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You will need a Control Board (Elmod/Clark/IBU/),
You will need a 2.4 16 channel+ Digital Programmable Transmitter and a matching 8+ channel Receiver,
With one exception a transmitter needs a receiver that is made to be used with that transmitter,
Using a Receiver that is not matched to the receiver will not work.
This has nothing to do with Binding which is what you will have to do when you are setting up your Transmitter to the new control board via the receiver.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Thanks guys.
So i bought

Elmod pro board
Radiomaster tx16s hall + batteries
Flysky iA10b receiver

Jarndice you told me about the digital programmable transmitter.

Do you have a brand/model i have to buy please?

Return to “El-Mod”