Jimster’s Tiger in a Scenic Video

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Jimster’s Tiger in a Scenic Video

Post by Jimster »

Wife and I headed to a nearby creek so that I could play with my tank a bit. I’m not saying that cheap American whiskey had anything to do with it (my wife drove us there) but I did put Ol’ Ugly through some tough creek bed maneuvers. The Henntec idler adjusters kept their place solid as a rock and the electronics did not suffer at all. This Tiger is driven roughly but all details stay on without a problem. Including the one piece starting handle hanging on the bottom rear end! Sorry if the movie is is a bit long but please enjoy the Southern Illinois woodland scenery.
phpBB [video]
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Jimster’s Tiger in a Scenic Video

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

You know. Looking at how smooth some of those rocks are it climbed them rather well
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you but I have to admit there was a bit of editing involved. :{
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimster wrote:Thank you but I have to admit there was a bit of editing involved. :{
You mean it could have been even longer. . . .

I've watched it ten times now, I still can't see the train 8O

But, it was still an enjoyable watch :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Oh, you’re hearing that train that’s full of stolen treasure and artwork. It’s pulled into a secret tunnel never to see daylight again. :shh:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Also my smoke unit was pretty low on oil which explains the sporadic smoke effect. Filled it back up when we got home of course. I’m sure everyone was extremely concerned about that :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

And there was me thinking you were turning it on and off when the time was right for visual effect.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Actually you’re hearing the “ambient sounds” which are separate from the 24 available user sounds that are triggered by buttons. The ambient sounds play randomly. You can have many many different sound effects of your choosing or only one, or have non at all. Not really any control over when and which ambient sounds play so I’m at the program’s mercy. I still get big kick out it though :D
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jimster wrote:Actually you’re hearing the “ambient sounds” which are separate from the 24 available user sounds that are triggered by buttons. The ambient sounds play randomly. You can have many many different sound effects of your choosing or only one, or have non at all. Not really any control over when and which ambient sounds play so I’m at the program’s mercy. I still get big kick out it though :D
Well, in my tank I have set the board to play the ambient sounds only when the tank motor is not running. And also I programmed a switch to disable them.

In my personal case I ended hating that train, that dog and that damn church, LOL.
So I fitted some subtle war sounds, (Shoots far away, bombs dropping far away) and from time to time my tank commander says some things like "I am waiting for orders" "Stay silent and keep looking for the enemy" some radio chatter and things like that.

And of course music. I do love music, is one of my passions. All of my tanks have music and all of them have a special song, like their anthem.
In the case of my Panzer IV, the one is:

phpBB [video]

And the ambient version I fitted is:
phpBB [video]

Yeah, I am a freak. Dont hit me, I wear glasses!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

So funny you mention this! I had deleted the train, church bell, barking but my wife was like, “Hey! Where did that pretty sound go? I liked it”! So back it went of course. A happy wife is a happy life ;) all the other ambient sounds are battlefield sounds, air raid sirens and planes flying low overhead with occasional radio chatter and bullets hitting the tank or whizzing last. All pretty entertaining in my humble, unpopular opinion
I originally had it set to only play while the engine was off but now I just turn the ambient sounds on or off with a button.
Of course every single bit of my radio/ElMod knowledge is fully credited to your stewardship and I’ll ever forget that. Thank you very much! An entire new level of rc tank enjoyment has developed for me.

Return to “Show Off”