Tamiya 1/10 scale Humvee ( Finished at last !!! )

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tamiya 1/10 scale Humvee ( Finished at last !!! )

Post by BIGMIG »

Just wanted to say great work to both of you  Steiner & Steve  on the Hummer's.      ;D

Larry  ;)
STEINER
Sergeant

Post by STEINER »

Thanks Larry, Your Big 1/6 Humvee s were pretty neat also. Were they gas powered ?

Steve, Thanks for your Humvees colour scheme, thats an outstanding job your doing on the Sherman. As I haven't got a Tamiya tank of any type. What is the quality of the plastic, is it the same type as on the Humvee ? Would you say the fit and quality of the rest of the shermans parts is the same or better/worse than the Humvee.

Cheers

STEINER
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )
Wight
Lance Corporal

Post by Wight »

I think quality of the product is something Tamiya prides itself in with everything they make.
I think I've yet to come across a tamiy kit that did not fit together well,RC wise anyway.

The quality of the plastic of the sherman is the same as the body of the humvee,very nice to work with.The lower hull and suspension and sprockets of the sherman are metal though.
I got my sherman second hand so missed out on the opportunity to make it from the box.I would still like to get a new Tamiya model as I remember when a friend of mine got a Tiger 1 when they first came out.The quality of the packaging itself impressive let alone what it contains.
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by BIGMIG »

STEINER wrote: Thanks Larry, Your Big 1/6 Humvee s were pretty neat also. Were they gas powered ?

Steve, Thanks for your Humvees colour scheme, thats an outstanding job your doing on the Sherman. As I haven't got a Tamiya tank of any type. What is the quality of the plastic, is it the same type as on the Humvee ? Would you say the fit and quality of the rest of the shermans parts is the same or better/worse than the Humvee.

Cheers

STEINER
No mine are all battery powered.I have two of the big 1/6 scale models ( stock out of the box )--(one still in the box new and has never been run yet ).  Also have two 1/12 scale size that I put tracks on just for a fun project (used hl controls so they operate like a tank ). And have one that I don't know what scale it would be that is more of a toy type RC hummer that it's size is inbetween the 1/12 and the 1/6 models. ;D

Larry  ;)

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”