Jagdpanther build

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Jagdpanther build

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Excellent progress so far, Lord P :clap: I wouldn't worry about the caffeine-induced 'rambling'. The more detail given, the better- I think :thumbup: That way, we can all learn from your triumphs and problem-solving issues, and maybe make helpful suggestions. So... get the Cafetiere out! :thumbup: That reminds me- it's time for a LaVazza Colombian brew! :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Great progress :thumbup:

You can actually find the manual PDFs online. Just have a search on the internet. For an even more convincing look of the hull texture you can sand you current stage down a bit and of too subtle after that layer another coat of mr surfaced on.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Soeren wrote:Great progress Image

You can actually find the manual PDFs online. Just have a search on the internet. For an even more convincing look of the hull texture you can sand you current stage down a bit and of too subtle after that layer another coat of mr surfaced on.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Thanks ! After a few coats of paint should tone it down a bit and not be as noticeable. I had looked for PDF but I guess not hard enough. I was missing one rear idler wheel and arm. And the way Tamiya sells their replacement parts was a bit misleading in description and on my part as well. Each item was sold separately. Out/inner idler wheel, shaft and arm. All separately. Oh well. Live, learn and move on! Now considering a Henntec idler. Lol. The rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Following along LordP, nice work, looking for some tips for my own JP build :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Waiting on a few final pieces from over the pond to arrive but the shadow coat is out of the way! A planned coat of Rotbraum will go on this weekend followed by a clear coat to lock it in. I have an idea of camo scheme in mind but will commit to that once rear hatch and final pieces arrive.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekends !

Cheers ! ImageImage

LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

So since I had some extra paint and time I thought I would try alittle side by side comparison. Since the red will then be painted over with at least one or possibly two colors of paint in a camo scheme it may also add some slight color modulation and work in my favor.

Mig version of RAL 8012 Rotbraum and AK Rotbraum. Wow really seem like a rivet counter now comparing 2 shades of red undercoat. :)

The right side of the JP was sprayed with a light coat along with the front plate with the AK paint. Sprayed at 22psi it sprayed very nice and smooth with no issues.

The left side, roof and back deck were sprayed with the Mig paint out of the same brush at the same PSI. Felt it did not flow as smooth out of the bottle as the AK paint.

You can see a slight difference in color as the AK is a touch lighter with a very flat finish. The Mig a darker color with maybe you could say a very dull semi gloss or dull satin finish.

Certainly splitting hairs here with this but thought I'd show you all nonetheless.

Happy Tanking !ImageImageImage

LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Weekends progress on my JP. Still have some touch up on the chipping as some seems a bit out of scale. Use Maskol under each layer of paint for the 1st time. I like the process which gives some authentic layered chipping effect. Still need to address the rear exhaust area for paint and attach the tools, rear hatch and few little items. Moving right along! Thanks for following....ImageImageImage

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Looking good, there is something about Jagdpanthers that appeals to me, I am planning to get another, I should never have sold the one I had. :O
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Excellent job, what base dunklegelb did you use ? its real nice.
Hard to believe its the same tank as the poor day-one tragedy 8O
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Very interesting. I also like the lighting you use the model before taking photos of it. It makes for very crisp and detailed pics. :thumbup: I also liked the shade of red undercoat you applied to the model.
So much so, in fact, I might have been inclined to leave it like that. The story then would be, that it was one of the last production models, found in the factory by the British (like the example completed at British behest, and now resident in the Bovington Museum)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”