My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:I like this video as it shows how to wire the balance plug correctly. Very important.
I’m not so sure about his using old laptop batteries but that might work. I’m not that smart. I prefer using new batteries.
phpBB [video]
Nice link, i will be checking that out to help with some mad model builds! :)
thankyou
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Glad to hear that! With your creative vigor I suppose the sky’s the limit.
I wonder if the 2 cell size would work in your Kubelwagens?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

More fine tuning of my Tiger’s operational realism. I looked up the turret speed of a Tiger1 and the consensus is that it was about 60 seconds for a full rotation. Certainly not worthy of any argument as far as exact scientific research and that is good enough for me.
Fortunately the Elmod board (and probably other boards as well) has a parameter adjustment in fine increments to dial this in fairly close. For some reason my turret turns a few seconds faster when traversing clockwise but on average it is very close now. It seems a bit slow and wouldn’t do for IR battling (which I never do) but looks very realistic which is my goal. No video of it because of the obvious boring nature of it all but just wanted to share my little personal victory with everyone. Okay, looks just like this at the beginning of the video.
phpBB [video]
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jimster!
Never think that pics or video of a well built tank in use are boring. ;o) Hop to it, my Man and lets see\hear that turret of yours in full rotation.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Okay my friend. Soon. Maybe a 180 degree turn to save time. I’ll have to put my money where my mouth is (this could be a uniquely American saying but maybe not, don’t take it literally folks).
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

If you are heading for the latest ultra realistic turret movements you must know the turret turned faster when the tank was running full speed. It seems the turret used some of the main motor things, hidraulics or wathever to move it faster.

The Elmod wont do that for you, but your radio will. I don't remember the "how to" right now, but years ago I have read it in the RC tanks australia forum. Kevin Grannum had the idea, did it, and showed to everybody.

Now you have something else to think about.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Wouldn’t this be possible with the expo setting? You can change the max speed there for two levels. Let’s say 50/100%. Then you throw a switch to change between both settings. And you can change the slope as well. I did that recently for the drive speed to flatten the curve for first 30% of stick push. That gives better control at slow speeds. Might be worth a look as well.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Okay, I promised a video showing my realistic Tiger turret traverse speed and here it is. I’m may be off a second or two but it’s pretty damned close. Probably not interesting to most but maybe entertaining for a few.
phpBB [video]
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening! Jimster!
I for one am entertained! Thank you!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yet another reason (among many 8) ) why I love Colorado and the hardy people that live there!
Thank you.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”