Donations

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Re: Donations

Post by sassgrunt »

Alpha always respected you, Matt, so I'm donating on his behalf.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

matt thanks for keeping this forum up and running have placed a donation
dave :thumbup:
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Marco Peter wrote:More than willing to donate, but is there a way to avoid the 1,99 PayPal fees for donating outside the EU? ;D
:think: the more money you donate, the smaller a percentage the 1.99 becomes, until it is hardly noticeable :thumbup: :D
LOL.

Well, good news, something has changed: If I not transfer money myself but click that dedicated DONATE button there are no fees! So i simply donated more haha! ;D
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

Thank you so much to all who have donated, I am truely overwhelmed by the incredibly response that has been received!

I am so proud of how far RC Tank Warfare has evolved and the quality of the membership it contains makes me even more proud of how far it's come and the people that have joined along the way!

I am very happy to keep the site up and running but please all remember that it it due to every single member that makes the site what it is, without you all my efforts would be pointless so a big thank you to everybody on the site, it's the members that make the forum!

Many thanks again everybody!
Kind regards,
Matt
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Marco Peter wrote:Well, good news, something has changed: If I not transfer money myself but click that dedicated DONATE button there are no fees! So i simply donated more haha! ;D
That's good news to know for anyone outside Britain :thumbup:

The 1.99 is their standard fee for changing currencies, even after giving you an unfavourable exchange rate.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Neil1966
Recruit

Post by Neil1966 »

Have sent a token of appreciation for your efforts Matt. Hoping to utilise the forum more over the coming months as I get into this addictive hobby
Cheers Neil
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I've been on the site since day 1, and despite all the ups and downs, technical hiccups etc, I always wondered how Matt kept it all going. Donation made. If every active member paid just a few £/Euro's/$'s it would cover the costs instantly.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Wow! The exchange rate is crazy. But thanks for making this forum possible and the thank you note was very kind. You British are so cool like that! 8)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimster wrote:Wow! The exchange rate is crazy. But thanks for making this forum possible and the thank you note was very kind. You British are so cool like that! 8)
Go back 20 or so years, and the exchange rate was very good in my opinion, I spent thousands on stuff from the states :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Was there ever a time when a pound equaled a dollar I wonder? Guess I could Google that myself! Lazy American!

Return to “General Discussion”