Donations

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Donations

Post by Matdragon »

Hi all!

I hope everybody is keeping safe and well during these uncertain times!

As you may or may not already know, RC Tank Warfare is a non-profit website run by hobbyists, for hobbyists! I started this site to be a safe and welcoming place for everybody to use without the encroachment of "big businesses" who like to plaster websites in adverts in order to turn a profit and that is exactly the theme I wish to keep going. This means we do not have adverts, other than the occasional advert from certified vendors.

I really appreciate all donations that come in which go towards keeping the site running, they unfortunately do not cover the running costs of the site so I keep the site going from my own pocket which is normally no issue and I am perfectly happy to do, I love this site and am so proud of what we have all achieved here!

However, my partner and I have recently purchased our first home and 17 days ago welcomed the birth of our second child, so as you might expect money is very tight for my family at the moment so it's becoming increasingly more stressful handling the running costs of the website, so I am posting here today to ask anybody who is willing to please donate to help keep the site going. Any amount, small or large is massively appreciated! I understand times are hard for everybody and I would never ask anybody to donate who isn't in a stable financial position to do so, so please do not feel obligated to donate, I don't want to put pressure or stress on anybody else!

Even if no donations are received, I assure you that RC Tank Warfare will continue as I will find a way, but any help with the running costs now or in the future would mean allot to me and give one less stress to worry about (if anybody could donate some "sleep" to me aswell, that would be great, as my new son doesn't seem to like letting us have much :D ).

Information on how to donate can be found here: donate.php
Please feel free to PM me with any questions if you are unsure or would like more information!

Thank you all for being a part of this site, I look forward to watching the site continue to grow and prosper!

Stay safe and keep well!

Many thanks,
Matt
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Donations

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you for all you do Matt and congratulations on the newest member of your family. I used the donate link on the top of the forum task bar :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Yes Matt. Thanks for all you do, and all that I get out of RCTankwarfare. My kids are all grown up and I recall the struggle of having to spend my money judiciously.

Donation made.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have fixed Matt's link, so it now takes you to the Donations page
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

I've set up a monthly donation, seeing as I've used the site for 8 years for free I figure I owe you :thumbup: glad we can all help don't know what I would do without the site, am sure alot will want to help as :)
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thank you Matt for your continuall hard work in keeping this awesome site going and free to all :clap: It has been a great source of information and inspiration to myself over the past 5 years I have been a member here, hopefully it will get the support it deserves and will be here for many more years to come :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's my custom to make a decent donation every Christmas, and have done so far. :D This year, I shall do the same again. Of all my outgoings, this is the one that brings real value. :thumbup:

Edit: just in case Covid-19 knocks me off the perch before Christmas :O - I've just made an earlier donation. In the event of my untimely demise, I intend to post via a ouija board. :lolno:
Failing that, if you hear the sound of chains rattling, and tracks clanking in the night- it'll be me haunting you :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
I have been unemployed for months but as Roy noted, Of all the talking I do, talking here online to Friends is the real value. I will scrape up some pfennigs, shekels, ha-pennies and groats to donate. This place is the only Sanity I can find online.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

More than willing to donate, but is there a way to avoid the 1,99 PayPal fees for donating outside the EU? ;D
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Marco Peter wrote:More than willing to donate, but is there a way to avoid the 1,99 PayPal fees for donating outside the EU? ;D
:think: the more money you donate, the smaller a percentage the 1.99 becomes, until it is hardly noticeable :thumbup: :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “General Discussion”