Heng Long Sherman M4A1 (75)

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Heng Long Sherman M4A1 (75)

Post by Estnische »

Sure. I'm away from home for a few weeks, so it may take a while. Send me a pm with your email.
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

That’s fine. I’m having an issue deciding if the back of mine is right or not but I think it’s factory dependant so may get away with it
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Which part of the country are you from. Was thinking I could bring you my hatches to take a mould from or send them to you if that helps?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Which part of the country are you from. Was thinking I could bring you my hatches to take a mould from or send them to you if that helps?
He’s in Australia so that a fair hike !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Yeah a little. Could explain the delays with his hatches though
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Thanks for the offer - I'm sure they will turn up eventually. That is unless they were on the APL England...

phpBB [video]
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I would hope they would be coming by air rather than sea
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

It seems like a long time since my last post - I finally have some significant progress.

The hatches from Christian Ludwig eventually arrived. Christian has someone else make the cast metal parts, so he in turn was waiting for a delivery. All good now and I am so happy to have them. Thank you Christian!

I sized them up against the large hatch hull and decided on locations based on photos of 1:1 Shermans. After removing the originals, I then cut away the excess.

The holes were filled with plasticard, and then I needed to create the Jane Russell bulges in the front. I found some old Tiger exhaust shields that had the right curvatures and cut them to suit.

I needed to move the hull vent further forward, again using some spare model parts. Unfortunately the geography of the Mato hull doesn't match the M4A1 shape exactly, so the vent cannot be the correct shape. It is what it is. Then came a lot of filing, filling and sanding to blend things together.

A touch of primer helps to find the faults, before stippling some Mr Hobby primer to add the cast finish.

And after what seems an eternity, the first coat of some olive drab goes on. I followed the Andy's Hobby Headquarters recipe for lightening the Tamiya paint to a more reasonable colour.

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Wow! Your body work skills are perfect. Everything is blended so well.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Faultless, and I’m no bc Sherman fan :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”