Hello from North Carolina

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by LordPanzer »

Here is another pic of the 5 I took with me to battle. Image

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Jimster wrote:Formidable looking group of armor!
I'll say! :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

An impressive grouping.
As for the 'Pantiger', well, it almost has 'cult' status these days :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

43rdRecceReg wrote:An impressive grouping.
As for the 'Pantiger', well, it almost has 'cult' status these days :D Image
Well yes I knew I would get comments here about this Specimen. ;) This was the second tank I picked up when I was new to the hobby. I had found is used on ebay for a very low price and picked it up. I know it's far from historically accurate and I'm certainly not counting the rivets on the upper hull or turret. But I think its has some nice basic little details put on it by the last owner. This is certainly an example of the board being worth more then the tank lol !! At the end of the day if your not having fun with this or any hobby what's the point right? :)

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

A very nice collection although it is hardly complete without a Panzer4 :haha:
As to the Pan Tiger, It gets a lot of bad mouthing but it probably saved the infant Tank section at Heng Long it being the second Tank made by them,
Heng Long are one of the biggest Toy makers in the PRC and as often as they start a new line they just as quickly stop others,
1/16 r/c Tanks was a new venture for Heng Long and with the surprising success of the initial Tank, The Tiger 1 they were desperate not to lose sales so they came up with this filler using the Hull and running gear and electronics of the First of Heng Longs Tanks in 1/16 the Tiger 1 and the "Paper Tank" body of an almost panther stretched to fit the hull until the Proper tanks moulds were ready to be "Pressed" into service.
If Heng Long had not continued it is doubtful that Taigen/Torro would have even started and I doubt that this Forum would exist so we owe the Pan Tiger a vote of thanks. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

jarndice wrote:A very nice collection although it is hardly complete without a Panzer4 :haha:
As to the Pan Tiger, It gets a lot of bad mouthing but it probably saved the infant Tank section at Heng Long it being the second Tank made by them,
Heng Long are one of the biggest Toy makers in the PRC and as often as they start a new line they just as quickly stop others,
1/16 r/c Tanks was a new venture for Heng Long and with the surprising success of the initial Tank, The Tiger 1 they were desperate not to lose sales so they came up with this filler using the Hull and running gear and electronics of the First of Heng Longs Tanks in 1/16 the Tiger 1 and the "Paper Tank" body of an almost panther stretched to fit the hull until the Proper tanks moulds were ready to be "Pressed" into service.
If Heng Long had not continued it is doubtful that Taigen/Torro would have even started and I doubt that this Forum would exist so we owe the Pan Tiger a vote of thanks. Image
Will be sure to put a Panzer4 on my short list to along with a T72 :) I belive we all have a wish list of shorts. And thank you got the insight into the Pantiger. That's a great way to look at it as if it very may have well saved the hobby and a company and also given confidence for a startup company to join the market. Thanks for the knowledge!

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Fantastic line up mate.
I’d love some nose of the Elephant if possible ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Fantastic line up mate.
I’d love some nose of the Elephant if possible ?
Thanks Herman. I cant take credit for this one. I purchased over a year ago from a gentleman in England. I added a clark board with a Panther sound set as I knew i would not be running that but as the tracks, suspension and gearbox are all plastic and very fragile. Its a great looker yet not a runner. Much like the real one!! I plan on taking the board out that is currently in the tank and reusing it on a future panther build.Image

EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

A hearty welcome,
Nice stable of tanks there. Where abouts in NC are you. I spent two splendid weeks last February in Sanford, NC. My wife was taking a tracking class at Tarheel K9 and I did nothing. It was everything I hoped for and more! We rented a huge barn that had been redone and turned into a beautiful house (3 floors, elevator, theater, etc.) on about 20 acres. I dragged my Tiger 1 all the way out there and spent the days driving the tank, smoking cigars, and reading. Heaven, when you own your own business and run crazy all the time.

This is the place to be. Everyone's very enthusiastic, helpful, patient, and very knowledgeable. You'll like it here.
Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”