Hello from North Carolina

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Hello from North Carolina

Post by LordPanzer »

Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for a while admiring everyone's work and finally pulled the trigger and created an account. I'm 41 married with 3 kids from NC USA. As an escape and hobby I've always enjoyed building and painting models. My grandfather was always a very talented hobbiest building RC planes, boats and small steam engines. As a kid always enjoyed walking into his shop area and seeing what he was working on. I started once my kids got alittle older and had more free time for myself mainly building 1/72&1/48 aircraft and over the last few years 1/35 armor. About 2 years ago I started to get onto 1/16 RC tanks. Low and behold 2 years later I have my own Panzer depot with 9 tanks! 5 currently up and running and 4 in waiting with "big" plans lol. Ive had alot a great help along the way in learning about RC and met some very cool people doing it from all over the world. Biggest part of this hobby that I enjoy so much is how you can bring together the fun of building a model, learning the history around the vehicle and time it was involved and then instead of putting it on a shelf or display case when your done. I can take it out in the yard or to a RC battlefield and play with it like a big kid !! Lol.

There is certainly some great Facebook groups for what we all enjoy doing but really enjoy seeing and following the builds here on this forum. It brings in a different feel and level of reference that you just don't get on FB.

Well enough rambling let's start building!

Thanks Alex
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by Jimster »

Welcome and that was a great introduction! I’m originally from Missouri but now living in The People’s Republik of Illinois.
Sounds like you have an impressive stable of armor. We love to see photos and videos, hint hint.
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Thanks Jim let me see if i can figure out how to post pics and video here.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Milord Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
And thank you for putting into words the ethos of this Forum,
I think we will be using you and your wealth of knowledge to help us answer some of the myriad questions that inundate this Forum :haha:
Please enjoy what has now become your Forum,
I feel certain that more of your countrymen besides the ever present Jimster :thumbup: will soon be along to say Hi as well as what sometimes feels like most of the United Nations :clap: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Alex!

As you no doubt noticed during your lurking here that there are lots of friendly folks with loads of knowledge just waiting to share. :thumbup:

Sounds like your "stable" is well stocked!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Well rambled, Alex :thumbup: :clap:
..and welcome to the trans-national Armour forum, where folk have much more in common than things that separate 'em (apart from the use of English, that is :shh: :D )
Sounds like you're well-equipped from the outset. :) Do tell us more, and include some pics when you're ready to... (why do people say 'good to go' now, instead of 'ready'?...Och well... :lolno: )
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum Alex :wave: :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Thank you everyone. I need to figure out how to post pictures here. Guessing that is one thing Facebook has over the forum's ;) I'd like to show off some of my current work and start a build thread for a Jagdpanther project Im starting this weekend.
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Pic from last weekend at a RC battle in Danville Va. 1st photo via taptalk with my tanks lined up. The first 5 I brought with me. The last 3 I picked up used there that day and will be project tanks over the next few months.
Tiger 1 - Taigen
Pantiger. (Yes I know) :)
Elephant - Hooben
Panther F - Tamiya hybrid
Leo 2 - Taigen
Sherman - Tamiya
King tiger -Tamiya
Jagdpanther - Tamiya
T-34 - Taigen did not make the trip and was left home. another project tank in the waiting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Formidable looking group of armor!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”