Very confused on installing user sounds.

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Very confused on installing user sounds.

Post by EAO »

Hi all,
Hope this finds everyone well and healthy. So far with my beloved Elmod Fusion Pro I have 3 user sounds installed (can't really remember how I did it, but it seemed easy enough). I have some new sound files in WAV format that I put in the 111 file but can't drag them to the user sound spots in the Sound Configurator. Any guess what I'm missing?
Yellowshaker on RCUniverse made a nice video of installing the Elmod boards, but when he got to the part about sound files his video goes into hyper speed like a chipmunk on meth! My dogs find it very amusing but I'm stumped.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,
Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Very confused on installing user sounds.

Post by Jimster »

Excellent choice! So you’re putting your SD card into your laptop, opening sound manager and opening your chosen sound set. Then clicking on “user sounds” and dragging a wav file onto the user sound number that you want it on but it’s not staying there? When you drop the wav file onto the proper area a little clock symbol appears until the file is successfully loaded, maybe a few seconds. Is this what you’re doing and if so at what point does it fail?
I’m no Elmod expert (we have a few experts on here and I’m sure they’ll chime in) but I have no trouble adding user sounds after getting help on here.
EAO

Post by EAO »

Hey, it's my closest neighbor (at least regarding RC tanks)!
Yeah, when I go to drag the sound file out of 111 to the drop box in the Sound Configurator it starts with a WAV file icon but as soon as it crosses into the Sound Manager it turns into a small black and white circle with a diagonal line through it. Now that you refreshed my memory, I do remember the little clock icon appearing before the file was loaded when I installed the first 3 user sounds.
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Hmm. Perhaps your wav files are somehow corrupted or something. Try dragging a song from iTunes or download a different wav file sound effect from the internet and see if that works. All the files I use are just on my desktop in folders. I’m unsure what “file 111” is without my program opened up in front of me.
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

A dumb question, could the card be write protected?
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
EAO

Post by EAO »

All right guys,
I'm really not sure what's going on. After several cigars and studying the night sky in the very warm evening I have arrived at this. The card does not appear to be write protected, and the files appear clean. If I go to the SD sample set content the new sound files appear there. However, some are listed as "unsupported samples" and the others are listed as "unused samples". I have tried transferring other files to the user sound section with no avail as it won't accept any files. The card functions fine when put back into the board and the tank is operated. I've never been good at this stuff and I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong. I've thought myself stupid...
ideas, suggestions?
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Just to be sure. You’re opening sound manager and selecting the tank set that you’re using for your tank right. For example I’m using the Suamara Tiger or something like that. Then along the top of that sound set screen there are options like ambient sounds, user sounds etc. Then you’re opening the “user sounds” section and trying to drag a wav file from your desktop wav file into an unused box but it’s rejecting all files?
What is the file 111 you mentioned earlier?
Maybe take a pic of your screen during the file rejection or something.
EAO

Post by EAO »

Hey there,
Whatever I was doing wrong, I have now corrected. Not sure what was up but I got 5 user sounds loaded along with the previous 3 that I had done earlier. Now another question, on the sound manager I see 1-8 in user sounds. I have channel 5 on a three position switch, so where do I find drop boxes for the rest of the user sounds? Am I being annoying yet?!
Eric
Last edited by EAO on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I have a 5 position potentiometer on my Taranis QX7. I use it for Aux (mg headlights convoy light smoker), user sounds 1-8, 9-16, 17-24 and Function (turret rotation, gun elevation etc). I’m just learning also so I’m no expert at all!
I have a new radio enroute so if you want to pm me we can talk about getting you my QX7 after I’m comfortable with my new one.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

To be clear, that round knob (potentiometer) has 5 positions. Approximately 7 O’clock, 9, 12, 2 and 5 O’clock.

Return to “El-Mod”