Forgebear

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Forgebear

Post by forgebear »

nope i dont think that one will float :D :thumbup:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Sounds like they put too many restrictions on the stimulus money over there. Over here, those that were eligible and had their tax refund direct deposited last year didn't even have to ask for it, the government just dumped the money in their bank account to do with as they please. No restriction whatsoever. Spend it on beer if ya want. And the stimulus money, as well as the extra $600 a week the feds kicked in for unemployment, are totally tax free. Don't ya just love those two little words? Definitely two of my favorite words, "Tax Free". 8) :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Dave and Julie. What can I say that hasn’t already been said. I just received my metal turret ring and motor set from them today. Only 14 days shipping time. I have things coming from China that shipped on May 8th! Anyhoos, thanks for being there for us and thanks for the Gummy Bears.
Now I’ve gotta go install these awesome parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

thanks you for the kind words glad all the items got to you enjoy the haribos
dave and julie :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I've just received the same order as Mr Jimster with a few extra bits, in good time too.

It would appear that the royal mail has almost got back to normal service, I paid second class to make sure I received the order after the weekend, was posted Friday, received it this morning :thumbup:

Thanks Dave and Julie for another great transaction and perfect service :thumbup: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That metal turret rotation motor and ring really improved how smooth and steady my turret rotates! No more jerky movements or floppy turret syndrome.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Also from Dave I bought an alternative way to a smooth turning Turret,
I have already tried Metal Turret rings with bearings but Taigen make ABS Turret BASES with built in rollers in the base that run easily over the the Tank body with the Turret ring just controlling its direction.
Simply unscrew the original base plate and replace it with the modded version,
By using the Turret Base instead of the Metal Turret ring you can use a 360 degree Turret ring instead of being limited to 320 degrees because there is not a location for a slip ring on the Metal Turret Ring.
I have tried them in Tiger 1s and Panzer 4s both very good. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Shaun, are you talking about the Taigen Tiger 1 bases they sell?

These ones;
Taigen Tiger I 1:16 Scale RC Tank Plastic Turret base with bearing
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... aring.html

If you do, I have a few of those :D

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Yes Mick,
I was happy with the Metal bearing equipped Turret rings until the 360 degree ABS Turret rings with provision for the Turret slip ring became available and then I changed over with no regrets :thumbup:
I did try to convert a Metal Turret ring to take the Slip ring but it was a lot of work which just was not worth the effort when Dave had the Turret base Bearing equipped alternative on sale.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Cool :thumbup: those bases are excellent, I got them to convert resin turrets made to fit Tamiya, which I want to fit on Heng Long hulls :thumbup:

Return to “Recommended Vendors”