Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Post by RenoirLV »

By the way, I have a Tiger in 1/16 that weighs 7-7.5 kg. It’s running on Elmod FusionEco and 2s. Never had anything that resembles a board problem. At first the battery was cutting out at higher loads. Now I have a better battery with a higher C rating. Now it damages the tensioner or suspension. Once it broke off the pin on the drive shaft that secured the pinion. No fuse blowing on the board ever. I conclude the board is fine with all that setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Have you seen what I did in my 1/6 Hetzer? I use a sabertooth for motor control and an IBU2 Pro handles the rest. It worked out very well, actually.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

@Jhamm yeah that is a definitive solution to the amp draw problem and a solution that i have forgotten about!That brings the total cost to 330+ euros though with 2 hobbywing 1080 esc s. I dont really like the clark board and that whole tv remote thing.

@MITCH the beier looks interesting and not extremely expensive. I ll have to look into it though,learn a little bit more about the board. How it is as far as physics simulation,sounds etc

@RenoirLV that is great to know!!!What size motors do you run? 340? Have you ever measure amperage draw on the motors?

@Max-U52 that sabertooth looks sweet! But if it can be paired with the elmod again brings the total cost to 350+ euros

I want to thank you all guys,this is a great community and you re very helpful and full of information! We almost solved it in just a couple of hours! My conclusion is that elmod board will work fine as is. And if the motors draw that much current,i ll just blow the fuse. Then get to external esc s and problem solved. Am i right? Can i finally put my mind at ease?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

There's one way to find out. Hook it up and hit the switch. Best of luck. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

You may be lucky & find an open panzer board

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

midlife306 wrote:You may be lucky & find an open panzer board

But be prepared to pay a premium price. The last one I saw for sale the asking price was about three times what HK was selling them for.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

... build your own Open Panzer TCB:
Five.jpg
RenoirLV
Corporal

Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Post by RenoirLV »

I understand the motors are 390. Never measured amp draw.

BTW. Is there a way to tell what motors these are? Sometimes this 4:1 gearbox is said to have 380 motors.

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
the Amp draw of a 380/390 under contionus Load is arround 4 -5 Amps .
Dangerous is the Stall current - it´s up to 20 Amps and more...
it is related to the number of poles and winding of the motor
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Stall current is the draw when the tank gets stuck due to clogged tracks? If so I’ve had it many times. Nothing happened to my Elmod.

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural

Return to “General Discussion”