Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
cupra313
Recruit

Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Post by cupra313 »

All right guys, i'm building a 3d printed 1/10 is-1 and i need a board to run it. I originally wanted the elmod board. Elmod told me that if it's under 10kgs it should work.I am still waiting on a definitive answer from Thomas at elmod though. Does anyone know of another board that can definitely run it? Because i ve spent way too much time on this one to fry on me! It will run on dual 550 motors with a 3s battery pulling 1.27amps with no load and around 4amps with load each,a regular size servo for turret rotation and a regular size servo for elevation and depresion. Weight will be around 7-8 kgs
Attachments
tu.jpg
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: Board for 1/10 3d printed is-1

Post by RenoirLV »

The turret looks very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I know this one won't do, but with the larger tanks, don't they use something like this to control the motors.

Hopefully someone will be along who knows about these things.

Neuftech L298n dual H-bridge DC stepper motor controller dirve module for Arduino Raspberry Pi: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

@renoirlv thank you very much!

@son of a gun-ner i need the functions of a proper board. I could simply use 2 esc s,hook em up to a 6 channel receiver and do the mixes on the tx. But that would just make the tank driveable. I need all the functions of a proper board. I just can t understand why the weight of the tank is so important. Elmod told me if it s 10kgs and over it wont work,if it s below it should work. Is it for the amp draw of the motors?? The bigger the motor the lower the amp draw. And my 550 pulls around 4 amps on my 15kgs truck. Also the elmod board has 2 10 amps escs
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yeah, it would be for the amp draw, and a heavier tank will push the motors to demand more.

I thought those drivers were for the drive motors, and the board sorts out the rest of the functions as per usual :think:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I can understand why Elmod are being cautious, because if they said it will be ok, and your board blew, they'd worry you could use it against them and maybe demand a refund or replacement.

cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

In the same email elmod told me that if it s 10kgs or more,he doesn't recommend it,but answering my question for the motors and amp draw he said this should work but the internal fused must be changed from 10A to 20A.

I am a little confused,i admit it.

Also from the exact same motor i haven't seen an amp draw more than 4amps on a 8x8 15 kgs truck. Even if i double the draw the elmod has 10A constant controllers with 30A burst for each motor.

I dont know....

Edit: yeah,i can understand that and it s totally logical. I just need to understand in depth what the limitations are and if the weight is strictly related to the amp draw,given the above electronic "stats" of the board
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

The few chaps that understand these boards with heavier loads, are typically not online for a change.

jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hello,
you can use external ESC with the Elmod.
An alternative is the Clark TK-60 with 60A Current for each track driver
ask the user maxmekker - he sells clark electronics

60A
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Or you can use a Beier SFR1D, but it is expensive...

Return to “General Discussion”