Sourcing a rapid charger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Sourcing a rapid charger

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Yep, you're right. One and the same. Found the iMax for £25 at Wish. Either way, these are a great future proof solution.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

My vote goes to an original Imax B6 v2
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I thought I was buying an original IMAX B6 and ended up with a fake. Still seems to working fairly well. Be careful when ordering on EBay.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I have one charger that will charge just about anything, I got it from Imex, and it's their AC DC charger / power supply. Not only will it charge any kind of battery that you want it to charge at a rate of anything from 0.01 amps all the way up to 10 amps, you can also use it as a power supply. It comes with an AC cord that plugs into the wall but it also comes with a DC cord with alligator clips so you can hook it to your battery in your car and use it in the field. At $60 it's a little more expensive than the B6, but I think it's worth every penny. Where you would find one in the UK I have no idea, but if you're interested in that charger I will take the time to call Imex and find out if there is a European distributor.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

One more thing, all my Chargers run on 110 volt AC but I know you guys have bigger power than we do so make sure that whatever you get is compatible with European power supplies. I know that sounds like a simple thing, but you'd be surprised how many people don't pay attention and end up with a charger they can't use because of voltage differences.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

This iMAX B6 does it come with a tamiya battery connector or do you need to make 1?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

My Accucell 6 has a 105W power supply i
It has an input of 100-240V--50/60Hz 3A with an output of 15V = 7A Polarity of minus or plus.
With a built in ventilation fan.
The connectors include Deans /Tamiya and a few more :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

john1970 wrote:This iMAX B6 does it come with a tamiya battery connector or do you need to make 1?
Mine came with a wide selection of connectors, including Tamiya
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
john1970 wrote:This iMAX B6 does it come with a tamiya battery connector or do you need to make 1?
Mine came with a wide selection of connectors, including Tamiya
Ok Thank you
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Google or YouTube search for info about fake iMax B6s.

Return to “General Questions”