Sourcing a rapid charger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Carrion
Recruit

Sourcing a rapid charger

Post by Carrion »

Does anyone have any suggestions for a NIMh/ NICD fast charger. the trickle chargers simply take far to long to charge the larger battery packs i have
If all else fails your just not using the right sized hammer.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Sourcing a rapid charger

Post by jarndice »

Hobbyking sell the "Turnigy ACCUCELL 6"
I have been using mine for a few years and it is brilliant,
It Charges Lipos, Nimhs, Ni-Cads and Lead Acid battery's,
It comes with all the cables and adapters you will need,
It is really fast BUT it does not come with any instructions,
All is not lost,
There is a first class tutorial on U-Tube which is much better than a couple of pages of notes.
It has a backlit screen and it is really foolproof to set up.
Recommended.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

https://www.rctank.de/Monstertronic-Cha ... Ni-MH-LiPo :thumbup:
What do you feed by fast?à Nicd,Nimh battery charges in 12 / 14 hours and at the 10 th capacity.This type of charger ,is said to be intelligent.that is to say that it constantly monitors the charge of the battery ( in automatic ) but also works in manual mode.The original chargers HL,Taigen,in Torro are only common power supplies :thumbdown:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The "Monstertronic" is not rated for Nimh or Ni-cad which Carrion says he wants the Accucel 6 is good for all the common types of battery.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

If you're only going to charge nimh batteries, I recommend the Onyx Chargers. I have the Onyx 240 dual charger so I can charge two at once and they allow you to charge at 0.8 amps, 1.5 amps, 3.0 amps, or fast charge at 5 amps. I've had mine for about 6 years and it still works like a champ. I think I paid about $90 for it brand new at the local hobby shop.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

To be honest, I'd get a charger that does all the battery types, just in case you do decide to use lithium batteries in the future.
After saying that, I have two types of charger, one for what you want, and one for the lithium batteries, but only because I didn't think I'd need a lithium charger, I was wrong lol.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

One of this site's favourites is the SKYRC iMAX B6 V2 60W 6A DC 2.5mm/XT60 Dual Input Battery Balance Charger Discharger with XT60 Output for Lipo/Li-ion/LiHV/LiFe/NiMh Battery, a favourite with good reason.

It is both mains and 12v, does every sort of rechargable battery, comes with all leads for all connector types and lots of balance leads too. It never lets you down and it's around $31 at Banggood and in stock. Why pay more?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

General Jumbo01 wrote:
It is both mains and 12v, does every sort of rechargable battery, comes with all leads for all connector types and lots of balance leads too. It never lets you down and it's around $31 at Banggood and in stock. Why pay more?

Indeed the Accucel 6 which will charge Life, Lion, Lipo, Nimh, Ni-cad, Lead acid and is able to charge from the mains or from a 12volt car battery and is around £26. :haha:
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

They sound similar then. Does it discharge and cycle etc. Useful for NiHMs. In any event, there are some very competent chargers out there that will do everything one might want and you don't need to splash too much cash to get one. Just look around the web.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

General Jumbo01 wrote:They sound similar then. Does it discharge and cycle etc. Useful for NiHMs. In any event, there are some very competent chargers out there that will do everything one might want and you don't need to splash too much cash to get one. Just look around the web.
I would not be surprised if these were rebadged but otherwise identical chargers as Turnigy is a Hobbyking label as witness the Turnigy series of radios and the identical Flysky Radios and yes the Accucell 6 does indeed discharge and cycle.
What I would say is do avoid Chinese cheapo knockoffs because the last thing anyone needs is another Chris Ludwig disaster.
The FETs in the Accucell are top quality which will almost certainly not be the case in any imitation charger.

Return to “General Questions”