Torro vs Mato

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Torro vs Mato

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Seems like TORRO is the EU and Pan Asia supplier while TAIGEN ( through retailers like IMEX ) services the Americas. Both are usually the same vehicle ( tho' they might be embellished or upgraded by individual retailers )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I went through a spate of Tiger 1 Plastic/ABS rear plate failures so I went to Dave @ www.forgebeartanks.com and bought a Mato Metal rear Panel,
Dave advised me that it would not be a proper fit,
I of course went ahead and MADE It fit :lolno:
Being metal I no longer worry about the Rear Plate failing,
I would not advise buying a Mato Tank if you have a choice of a Heng Long /Taigen/ Torro ,
The metal that is used over time crumbles indeed the only thing that would attract me to one is the standard fit of a Clark MFU,
Very few parts of a Mato Tiger are interchangeable with a Heng Long or Taigen Tiger1.
Dave has a choice of Leos on sale so if you have £340/360 burning a hole in your pocket that has to be the place to go. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:Quite often the Torro comes in the wooden box, also make sure your tank has the steel gears and not zinc
ones.
will do :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

hexbugspider wrote:
Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:Hi, you wont go far wrong with a taigen or torro tank, as for Tankzone I have had several dealings with
them, and on the majority of occasions there has been some sort of an issue, luckily I haven't been bitten
as hard as some forum members.
As for Dave and Julie (FORGEBEAR) once you place your order you can sit back knowing your in safe hands,
your item arrives quickly and well packaged, if you contact FORGEBEAR Dave responds in no time, whereas
Tankzone don't bother to reply.

regards john :wave:
That's great to hear that forgebear actually provides a legitimate service.. Am I wrong to believe the torro/taigen are the same brand? On forgebears site, tanks like the t-34-85 seem to go by the name torro/taigen so i'm a little confused haha.
Torro and taigen are the same tanks, made in the same Factory.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
Seems like TORRO is the EU and Pan Asia supplier while TAIGEN ( through retailers like IMEX ) services the Americas. Both are usually the same vehicle ( tho' they might be embellished or upgraded by individual retailers )
regards,
Painless
Yup that's fine, as long as they're both decent starting tanks.
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

jarndice wrote:I went through a spate of Tiger 1 Plastic/ABS rear plate failures so I went to Dave @ http://www.forgebeartanks.com and bought a Mato Metal rear Panel,
Dave advised me that it would not be a proper fit,
I of course went ahead and MADE It fit :lolno:
Being metal I no longer worry about the Rear Plate failing,
I would not advise buying a Mato Tank if you have a choice of a Heng Long /Taigen/ Torro ,
The metal that is used over time crumbles indeed the only thing that would attract me to one is the standard fit of a Clark MFU,
Very few parts of a Mato Tiger are interchangeable with a Heng Long or Taigen Tiger1.
Dave has a choice of Leos on sale so if you have £340/360 burning a hole in your pocket that has to be the place to go. :thumbup:
sounds good, i think ill go with a torro leopard 2a6!

thanks for your help :D
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

Max-U52 wrote:
hexbugspider wrote:
Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:Hi, you wont go far wrong with a taigen or torro tank, as for Tankzone I have had several dealings with
them, and on the majority of occasions there has been some sort of an issue, luckily I haven't been bitten
as hard as some forum members.
As for Dave and Julie (FORGEBEAR) once you place your order you can sit back knowing your in safe hands,
your item arrives quickly and well packaged, if you contact FORGEBEAR Dave responds in no time, whereas
Tankzone don't bother to reply.

regards john :wave:
That's great to hear that forgebear actually provides a legitimate service.. Am I wrong to believe the torro/taigen are the same brand? On forgebears site, tanks like the t-34-85 seem to go by the name torro/taigen so i'm a little confused haha.
Torro and taigen are the same tanks, made in the same Factory.

Okay thanks for clearing up my confusion! :D
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

You know,
Something inside me still pushes to spend nearly 1200 on a tamiya abrams kit.. I don't know why, i'm sure their quality isn't that amazing and it'll break if it does so much as touch a puddle. Maybe even a tamiya tiger, by i've noticed thats the forbidden "t" word so i'll refrain from saying it too often :haha:
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

Like I get why the kit costs that much, it's probably, electronically the most advanced tank kit money can buy, for example it has gun stabilisation, auto demo mode where the tank runs through a series of preset commands, barrel auto raises when it turns to the rear and the direction of recoil changes depending on the direction the turret faces. So yeah, fancy stuff.

My only query is can I use any old 4channel radio? The official tamiya one is about £150 whereas I can find decent looking alternatives for around £40! Any help?
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Theres a tamiya abrams on ebay cheaper than £1200 21hrs left only 14 feedback tho

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-US-M1 ... SwiGBe0pYs

Return to “General Discussion”