Asiatam

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Asiatam

Post by Lo_Thar »

Hello.
I bought gearboxes for the pz3 tank from Asiatam
Engines is designed for PZ3 or Tiger, I have Torro metal PZ3 - that is, twice as lighter than a tiger and these gears are not able to move this tank.
I think it is the fault of the weak engines that you installed in these gears
I specifically tested these gears for torro and elmod. The same problem. Gears have a problem to drive half !!! tank.
I wrote to them what they think about it, but they do not see too much problem in the operation of the transmission.
As you can see they are at most suitable for driving full-plastic Heng Long tanks
On Monday I will ask PayPal for a refund of some costs - I need to buy larger engines and larger planetary gears to get it started

I attached the video:

phpBB [video]
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Asiatam

Post by jhamm »

Hello,
I have test this gearboxes same month ago and talk to Asiatam about my experience and send the gearboxes back...
There are two reason:
1. the motor is 12Volt rated, with 7,2Volt is half of power
2. the gear ratio is too low
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

Good to know - but they dont want take my gearboxes back! They say its ok and i must change electronic ;/ They return you money with shipping cost? I pay 20 euro to poland, and sending it back is 12 euro for me

I buy 9V engine for it - it cost 2 euro, so want to try, but even without instalation i saw it has not enought power too
Last edited by Lo_Thar on Thu May 14, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Wow! That’s weak. It’s funny how I drive my tanks over my feet sometimes when driving it in the house.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

It is possible that the axis of the motor rotor turns in the pinion which is supposed to be fixed on it. Maybe a little seal bearing fix the problem ...
Last edited by MITCH on Thu May 14, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Asiatam has just about everything an RC Tanker could want, except customer service. If it were me I would file a claim at paypal and ask for a full refund. If they have 12 volt motors in there it's not a direct replacement for the stock gearboxes as they advertise. Also, if paypal wants you to send it back ask about return postage protection. It's free, it only takes a minute to register, and then any postage you spend sending things back will be refunded up to $30 per case.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

MITCH wrote:It is possible that the axis of the motor rotor turns in the pinion which is supposed to be fixed on it. Maybe a little rolling seal could fix the problem ...
I like your cat. My avatar is the always watchful eye of Shadow the Magic Cat. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

For far too many years finding metal hulls for Panzer 4s was limited to Tamiya's Metal/ABS Combo and Asiatam and they had a strange policy of limiting how many of them they would put on sale each year,
Finally they took my money and that is when I discovered in concert with "43Recce Regt" that the thing was too long for the Heng Long/Taigen Body that was supposed to fit on it,
There was also a problem when it came to locking the hull to the body,
These problems have been overcome by a bit of lateral thinking but it forces me to ask WHY did I have to resolve Asiatams failings,
Most certainly I will avoid them as much as possible in future especially as Taigens metal hull for all its failings is at least the correct length and its quick release works although I prefer magnets simply because they do a better job.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

As long as we're on the subject of asiatam, you should also stay away from the board for the Opel Blitz. The motor controllers fail very easily. I've burned up two of them already. At $120 a pop the turn signals just ain't worth it. :'(
xhelfix
Lance Corporal

Post by xhelfix »

Hi,

i also have chekkt this gerabox some time ago.......puhh.....maybe for an light tank....
My one was after 20-30 min driving in bad conditions, a friend of mine take it and rework it manny hours, tu mutch tolerances.........so its realy not plug and play and if i made the chois again, i take the doubel money and take an Roland Spiegel grearbox.....mutch better and workl more than fine.

But back to the Asiatam version, here are my 4 testvideos from 2018:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

I think it only works with a lot of modyfiing.....so i would never buye one again.

Greetz, Andy

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”