Nitrotek - the worst ever

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Nitrotek - the worst ever

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I don’t really no to much about them but after seeing this I think I will keep it that way
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Yet another delaying email, saying the matter has been passed to yet another department to reply. Again totally ignoring the points raised by myself, and still no email as promised in the report they sent to me previously.

Patience is wearing thin now on my part, but I am determined to stay calm on this because the Law of the land is clearly on my side in this matter. So I have replied pointing out that I have still not received the promised email identifying my options. I then went on to detail exactly the laws of the land here in the UK they are ignoring. Namely the laws as detailed in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which define Distance Selling legislation and what Companies have to adhere to.

From my point of view I have to allow for the refund to be received by myself by the 14th day after the goods were taken back in by them. Even though they were open on 10/4/2020 the courier advised there were no staff to take the parcel from him. It was eventually delivered on the 14th April. So they now have until the 28th at which point I can consider my options which are varied, and of course include if necessary reporting them to Trading Standards if they break the Law.

For anyone interested the Act can be found on this link https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... rights-act

If my detailed information of the problems I have experienced saves just one person from having the same then I will consider the effort I have put into documenting these problems to be worthwhile.
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

As an update to my ongoing situation, it is now Day 15 since the item was returned to them, and a week since their inspection report was created.

The "admin department" has made no attempt to communicate with myself, and having double checked with Citizens Advice it was confirmed to me, that there are no acceptable excuses for not making the refund within the time limits of the Consumer Law.

So have had to send yet another email asking them to confirm when the payment will be received by myself and that it includes the return courier fees they are liable to pay, because the item was faulty on receipt even though they could not find the actual fault.

Watch this space for the next thrilling installment................
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Remind me again how you paid for this item?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Its Paypal so I have that as the backup, BUT that would not recoup the additional courier expense - hence given them the legally allowed time to refund me.

If they delay then I will just Paypal claim and write off the courier fee but I feel at this point why should I - their incompetent Customer Service would have won the day.
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Todays up-date, they are now using Co-vid as an excuse for not refunding the money yet BUT have promised to chase matters up for me.

HOWEVER they now claim they are not liable for return courier because there was no manufacturing fault with the product.

This is what their report stated :

The model turned on straight out of the box but would stay on intermittently, turning itself off at irregular intervals. Once the tank was disassembled, this would no longer occur

I have now replied to them suggesting that perhaps I should ask their Trading Standards to give me their opinion as to whether the courier cost is refundable

Again I note from research this is no different to what others have experienced

All I can say to people is AVOID THIS COMPANY
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

My patience has run out with this company now. This is their reply

"As stated in the inspections report, the tank was dismantled, check and the reported problem can now no longer be recreated once assembled - most likely due loose connection or snagged wire that resolved itself."

I have now responded pointing out that if I buy an item and it fails inside 2 days I do not expect to have to dismantle it. By their own admission there was an intermittent fault when they inspected it. The fact that when they could not identify what caused the fault when they opened the tank up is no excuse.

Accordingly I have now advised them that I will pursue them by whatever means is necessary to recover my full costs (paypal does not cover this, because return carriage is not included in the figure I paid them), and that Trading Standards are now being contacted

As an aside I fail to see how an item on a desktop can start one day and left stationery running then switched off. Yet the next day without being moved suddenly all these connections and snagged wires can suddenly occur, and then when they receive it miraculously it started, then after a while started to cut out intermittently.

This Company is a disgrace AND don't be fooled by positive reviews on websites, they offer discounts if you give them a 5 star review
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Todays Update

Firstly a refund was received into my Paypal account. BUT it was £ 6.50 short of what the item cost me to buy

Secondly they totally ignored Consumer Law and have not paid the further £11.39 return courier fees

So ultimately they still owe £17.89

Ok this is not a lot of money, but there is a far greater issue here. Why should a company continually be able to make up their own Consumer Laws

Why should they be allowed to rip people off. Since starting this drawn out attempt to get my money back I have found so many reviews online even today I discovered Google Reviews which I was unaware of.

I have now passed the entire case to Paypal to see what they have to say about this, and more importantly the matter is being investigated by Trading Standards.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thanks for keeping us updated.
And good luck with your pursuit.
It doesn't matter about the amount, it's a matter of principal.

Have they still got it advertised on their site at the price you paid? May be worth taking a screen shot for evidence.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Still showing at same price but out of stock - got their invoice anyway even if the invoice does not meet documentary requirements for a company to issue, it does have the item detailed and price.

The trouble when you look for reviews is you tend to look for how many there are, and quantities of good reviews.

I will only be looking at negative reviews in future as that will show how a company values its customers.

As has been documented this company offers discounts off future orders to people leaving Good reviews for them - that is bribery, and shows that good reviews cannot be trusted. Looking at some of the reviews they are solely based on how easy it was to order an item from the site. No relevance to quality of service thereafter which is more important. I liked one comment, where a chap had given them a 5 star rating initially in return for a discount code - when the code did not work he downgraded it to a 4 star rating - still too generous in my opinion.

Reading other reviews it was interesting to see that a certain individual in the company having his name mentioned regularly in the reviews, with comments such as arrogant included - indeed my own experience of the entire company not just this individual.

They do not listen, they do not care, they make up their own trading rules, they break the law.

In summary everything I have posted has been true, everything I have mentioned or claimed is verifiable as I have a full email trail of all aspects of interraction with them.

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”