Trying to decide is driving me mad.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Basin79
Recruit

Re: Trying to decide is driving me mad.

Post by Basin79 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:The TaigenTorro (metal edn.) T34/85 looks good, runs well, and has a neat interior, with a quick release for access to the interior. It's one of best presented RTR tanks out there, I think, so long as it's the upmarket model. :thumbup:
Taigen T34.jpg
Not a fan of that particular model sadly. I have read good things about it. Thanks.
midlife306 wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:The TaigenTorro (metal edn.) T34/85 looks good, runs well, and has a neat interior, with a quick release for access to the interior. It's one of best presented RTR tanks out there, I think, so long as it's the upmarket model. :thumbup:
Taigen T34.jpg
Don’t forget the JS2 if you’re going Soviet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They can't be shipped. With the massive barrel they look quite smart too.

I'm either going for a Tiger or Jagdtiger. I think..........
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Basin79 wrote:
Taigen T34.jpg
Not a fan of that particular model sadly. I have read good things about it. Thanks.
midlife306 wrote:
Taigen T34.jpg
Don’t forget the JS2 if you’re going Soviet...

My only advice is to not to get any Jagdsomething as first tank. Not being able to move the turret kills a big part of the fun.

Enjoy the new hobby!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Basin79 wrote:
Taigen T34.jpg
midlife306 wrote:Don’t forget the JS2 if you’re going Soviet...

My only advice is to not to get any Jagdsomething as first tank. Not being able to move the turret kills a big part of the fun.

Enjoy the new hobby!
Both the KT and the JS2 look superb when firing their recoiling and flashing guns. The KTs wobbly turret can be fixed without major surgery, simply shim the turret ring and barrel elevation mechanism. Their sheer size also gives you plenty of internal space for any future mods. Same can be said for the Leopard 2 and Chally 2.

Just take the plunge. Within 24 months you'll own them all!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Basin79
Recruit

Post by Basin79 »

Thank you for the replies. Unpainted or not RTR aren't for me. I have zero patience nor talent for things like that.

Good point about the turret. I was imagining me driving straight forward and over some obstacles. Didn't think of the actual fun element nor the opportunity to take pics and play around with set ups. But with that typed I'm sure I could still have fun the the tank hunter.

The King and IS-2 do look great tanks but truth be told I do prefer the actual design of the Tiger. But seeing a King thundering forward would look phenomenal.

At £400-£500+ for a tank there's absolutely no way I'll have them all in 2 years. At a push I might be able to buy 1 more later down the line. If it was just the case of deciding what tank I wanted first this wouldn't be much of a problem. It's the fact this might be my only or maybe 2 tanks that's hammering me.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Then...

I'd suggest the Heng Long Tiger, ver 6 for around £120 ish. It does all you want and very well, fires BB but also has Tamiya compatible IR as standard, has the correct sound file and drives superbly. Make this your first tank then play and learn at the same time for your next one. Up to you though ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

I started with one... And bought a 1/6 scale to try and stave off my addiction... Did not work... Sigh...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Get a Taigen Tiger 1 early version. Drive the hell out of it and see how much fun you can squeeze out of her and go from there. Then you can decide which detail parts you want to add or replace, which aftermarket electronics and transmitter/radio you want. Some people drive them about like race cars, some folks enjoy participial IR battles. Some people like to shoot stuff with the air soft gun. Folks like me just enjoy backyard maneuvers, realistic tank driving and great sound effects. I like my Leopard very much but it just sits (after spending well over a grand on it). My main enjoyment is in WW2 German armor.
Good luck on your choice!
Basin79
Recruit

Post by Basin79 »

Heng Long I decided against early doors. The fact a tank with a turret can't spin that turret 360 seems ridiculous to me. Also I have it in my head that's it's buy cheap, buy twice. I'm not stating that Heng Long are "cheap" as I've had zero experience with them but they're a lot cheaper than Torro and Taigen. Although they're both a cheaper than the all Mato tanks that I've read are awful.

The early Tiger was the model I saw that blew me away. Sadly Forgebear is out of stock. If he had stock I still think I'd be going daft trying to decide between that and the Jagdtiger. With all the uncertainty I'm sure I'll be absolutely blown away when I finally unbox what every model I go for.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It looks like you've made up your mind that you want a Tiger, so I say get the Taigen from Forgebear. Stay away from the Heng Long, from what I've read here you won't like it, since it has no barrel recoil or muzzle flash. Also, even the plastic version of the Taigen Tiger comes with torsion bar suspension and metal suspensions arms. This is my first Taigen Tiger (circa 2013) and since this video was taken she's gotten her Asp board, airsoft barrel recoil and an FPV system. You'll find tons of videos of the Tiger, the King Tiger, the Jagdtiger and all the rest at my you tube channel.

phpBB [video]

And here's some more Big Cats, this time including a couple Panthers.

phpBB [video]

The second video even has the cool Lita Ford sound track. Woohoo! @) @) 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Basin79
Recruit

Post by Basin79 »

Max-U52 wrote:It looks like you've made up your mind that you want a Tiger, so I say get the Taigen from Forgebear. Stay away from the Heng Long, from what I've read here you won't like it, since it has no barrel recoil or muzzle flash. Also, even the plastic version of the Taigen Tiger comes with torsion bar suspension and metal suspensions arms. This is my first Taigen Tiger (circa 2013) and since this video was taken she's gotten her Asp board, airsoft barrel recoil and an FPV system. You'll find tons of videos of the Tiger, the King Tiger, the Jagdtiger and all the rest at my you tube channel.

phpBB [video]

And here's some more Big Cats, this time including a couple Panthers.

phpBB [video]

The second video even has the cool Lita Ford sound track. Woohoo! @) @) 8)
Cheers ears. I'll definitely take at look.

Return to “General Discussion”