1/6 Dragon Jeep axles

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: 1/6 Dragon Jeep axles

Post by Max-U52 »

Wayne could probably print you an RSO tractor in 1/6 scale.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Probably referring to the M4 High Speed Tractor and yes the only ones I know of are custom built. Years ago someone made a conversion for an 21st Century M5 Stuart, but that kit is long extinct.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

The ‘Clarktor’ is what was used as an aircraft tug/tractor.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

They also used the Cletrac (or in official nomenclature, the M2 High Speed Tractor) for towing airplanes around. And, although it's not the same, the running gear looks very similar to an American half track. There was a GI Joe halftrack made by Hasbro in 1/6 scale that might be a good basis for the suspension.
downwind leg
Recruit

Post by downwind leg »

I'm guessing a Cletrac or similar would be as much or more than the Jeep if it was custom made. Dare I ask?
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Oh yeah; far more. I think that Hasbro halftrack goes for over $200, and it's not motorized at all! But, if you DID use the jeep; you could always paint it in a "follow me" scheme.
downwind leg
Recruit

Post by downwind leg »

Hey has anybody gotten one of the RocHobby Jeeps yet? I would love to hear a review of it. I have one ordered but it wont ship until May. I just noticed they did charge my credit card which makes me a little nervous. Most rc companies don't charge my card 'til it ships.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

There's a review in the thread at RCU. It looks like the suspension is really soft and we're going to have to do something about that, but otherwise it seems pretty good.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
tzahif1
Recruit

Post by tzahif1 »

I am currently designing this project to convert my 1/6 jeep and find the information super interesting and relevant.
Can you please share which parts did you use as drive shafts (I assume you used longer ones than the original HH P407 ones), main gearbox, frame extension etc. ?

Return to “Larger Scale Military”