PANZERTURM STELLUNG R39

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

PANZERTURM STELLUNG R39

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks to Mr Tiger6 and his printer, Ive managed to get a bit done on the first R39 Turret Bunker.
Its not a specific one, rather an representative of the various emplacements scattered around the West coast.

I used a Taigen electronics packing to form the shape and further shaped that by using a polystyrene slicer that runs a 'C' cell battery through a thin wire.
PVA glued all the bits to a base board & covered it is acrylic gap filler, textures with iceblock sticks and a wet cloth to simulate(or should that be emulate!!?) the formwork timber used to create the shape for the concrete, and the wet cloth to add texture that would have been added as a shape disruptor later on.
Ive covered all this in a base grey paint stippled with a rough brush.
The turret base mounting plate is flat sheet with a steel look & rust effect similar to the bulldozer blade I did recently.
Its held in place with small magnets super glued underneath, that pull onto old H/L suspension arm screws glued & screwed into the poly roof.
That way I can remove the turret for repairs or modification.
Its not going to be 'live' at all, might do the next one with electronics.

The groundwork base is glued in place ready to have the dirt & grass effects added soon.
I got a bit nutty last night & decided to add faux stone block effects over it, similar to the false artwork often done on these emplacements to try to make them look like something other than a bunker!
I might even go as far as adding a fake window or two.
That still has to be finished off with other colours.
Still undecided on the actual turret paint finish, but I'm leaning towards a grey with a similar 'stone' pattern over it.
Attachments
Am going to count them all, just to see !
Am going to count them all, just to see !
IMG_0956.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_0953.jpg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PershingLover
Corporal

Re: PANZERTURM STELLUNG R39

Post by PershingLover »

Wow, I forgot about that! Looks great so far!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very creative and well done!
xhelfix
Lance Corporal

Post by xhelfix »

Hi,

great, that will be an eycatcher for every playground and battelfield. :thumbup:
Nice paintjob!

Greetz, Andy
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Charged ahead on this. Decided to stay with the faux block camo, and ran it onto the turret.
Used some rough dirt from outside, poured over a wet PVA glue slurry to soak in as much as possible.
I lucked out with small bits of wood & debris that seem to look right.
Once that set, I went over the dirt with a dryer PVA coat and covered the lot in fake grass mixed with crushed leaves.
Gave it a light wash with a mix of end-of-pot left overs to tie it in.
Added duck-board planks in the walkway & washed them too.
Still to decide on adding barbed wire or not, around the front base of the emplacement, but that can be done any time.
I have another one to do for a mate, he will decide what its going to look like completed & i will do it to that.
His may get some RC live control function, not sure yet.
Attachments
IMG_0968.jpg
IMG_0967.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg
IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0962.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”