Upgrading the Heng Long Sherman M4A3

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Upgrading the Heng Long Sherman M4A3

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
The road wheels ( which you can get from Taigen ready made now a days ) are made from stock HL wheels with a cover added to give them the late war heavy wheel appearance. The Bogies are stock HL with upgraded springs. Sprockets, idlers, and tracks are MATO metal. There was another Sherman build going on about the same time and that fellow added the metal MATO bogies and had to cut slots in the HL lower and epoxy them in place.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Hi PainlessWolf

Thanks for that - I like your opening hatches - by doing this have you modified the location of the on/off switch so you can access it through them - would be much easier than lifting the tank each time

Can you fill the smoke generator from there also - I'm still not certain how I am supposed to add the oil to the tank for it

regards
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

On the Sherman l recall you add a small amount of smoke fluid down the exhaust outlet while tilting the tank forwards. The manual will confirm though.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

thank you - oh for an instruction manual totally in English would be so much easier to read :D :D
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Yes, the light colored rubber plug cap shown in the above photo is the fill cap for the Smoker. I tried to set up the switches for max ease of access through those engine hatches on the rear deck.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

You did a good job with the hatches - were the hinges easy to install for them ?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning again,
Relatively so. The hard part was removing the excess and leaving the mounting posts intact so that the rear deck could continue to derive support from them once attached to the lower.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
761st
Private

Post by 761st »

Great job on the Sherman. Did you install the 75?

Return to “General Questions”