Do WPL parts fit the JJRC truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Do WPL parts fit the JJRC truck

Post by Will01Capri »

sapper wrote:Can anyone answer a question about my JJRC truck. is the motor brushed, or brushless. i want to change the electrics, and not sure what type of speed controller to fit
Brushed
It will be something like a 130, 150 or 180 size motor

You will need a esc 10a plus. SO could use the cheapo chinese thingies, but actually i run a esc which is 160a apparently and it runs my little motor setups just fine.
If you are upgrading what is the intended purpose as i have taken these trucks from Mild to WILD :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Will is your man for these truck upgrades. I learned enough poring through the Truck threads to use a 180 motor and a 30amp ESC and some thick grease in the gearbox and differentials so that mine could pull a scale field gun through some rough going.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
On the way to the next 1000 Gun Artillery Barrage....jpg
On the way to the next 1000 Gun Artillery Barrage....jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
sapper
Recruit

Post by sapper »

thanks for the replies and info. the idea is to build a tank transporter. to pull a Heng Long challenger 2. But the JJRC 6 wheeler does'nt have the guts to do it
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I fear neither the WPL or the JJRC 6 wheelers come with the power to haul a loaded low loader but modding these trucks is easy. Twin wheels, Upgraded motors, 5th wheel the sky is the limit and most of it can be done for very little money even "Bruders" Low loader trailer is quite inexpensive and readily adaptable.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

sapper wrote:thanks for the replies and info. the idea is to build a tank transporter. to pull a Heng Long challenger 2. But the JJRC 6 wheeler does'nt have the guts to do it
As standard nope, but with a dual 370s fitted it will have plenty :)
I fitted some in a tracked snow recovery truck i builtImage also some dual 370s in my Ural Communication truckImage and also in my 8x8x4 Image
8x8 in action on low throttle steady crawl
phpBB [video]
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
sapper
Recruit

Post by sapper »

thanks for the helpfull replies and pics. now to source the nessacary motors
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Anyone who thinks a wpl truck won't haul a tank should take a look at my M35 tank transporter thread. I used all stock, off-the-shelf stuff to upgrade this truck and then I put a 14lb js2 on it and it pulled it pretty good. The biggest problem was the new control board I used because it has a tendency to shut down when you try to pull a lot of current. Better batteries will help with that. But, if you take a little care when driving the truck it won't be any problem at all and it has plenty of guts to pull a heavy tank. With the two-speed transmission, that is. Another off-the-shelf item.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”