New member From Denmark

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
G1-manden
Recruit

New member From Denmark

Post by G1-manden »

Hello everybody.
Nice Forum with a lot of help for a new guy to the RC tank World.
Been into Volkswagen first generation watercooled cars for many years. Especially the Golf mk1, as my alias also implies. I use the same alias elsewhere, if someone should have an interest in googling it.
By coincidence I came in contact with the RC tank World, when I visited the tank museum in Münster Germany a few years ago. I have allways had an interest in WW2, actually since childhood where I read the small Black/White Commando and others like it.
The german HQ in DK was placed in my childhood area, and in the 70`s there was still ruming a lot of stories from the war. Which I guess fueled the interest, especially when the nabour, who was a resistance guy during the war, told stories when I was playing and working in his carpentry shop in the afternoons after school.
Today I am the proud owner of a lot of books about WW2, first, second and third generation books as I call them, depending on the release date and What archives that were free at the release date. The view of the war, the impact of the war and of the german people changes quite a bit, as we move closer to present time.The plan is to read it all when the youngest child has left home.
I am educated as a CNC maschinist, but has not worked as such for many years now. The machine Industry is still the center of my worklife, as it has been since 1985, but by now I have been in a lot of areas around it, making parts, assembly, repair, team leader, programmer, QA, etc. and for now technical purchaser in a international concern.
During the years I have tried a lot of different processes, and learned a little about a lot of things. The new RC hobby combines it all very well, as it involves a lot of different skill sets and new challenges.
Looking forward to be learning new people and stuff.
Regards
Bo
Wildboar44
Corporal

Re: New member From Denmark

Post by Wildboar44 »

Hello there Bo.

Welcome to the forum and the RC Tank world. :thumbup:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hallo Bo. Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Have you wasted far too much money already on a Tank or are you waiting until you win the Lottery ? :haha: :haha:
We love answering questions but we like it even more when we can get you to answer them (About RC Tanking).
I hope you enjoy what has just become your Forum.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! My first car was a ‘74 Super Beetle. My second was was a 1975 Rabbit. Both are my fondest memories of my youth. My favorite VWs were my ‘86 Scirocco and ‘65 Bus. But I digress.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Hello From Norway .

:wave:
Drammen Rock City
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A Warm Welcome from the Scottish Highlands, Bo! :D
Your English is excellent, and your determination to enjoy RcTanking a real 'shot in the arm', so to speak, in these troubled times :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
G1-manden
Recruit

Post by G1-manden »

Hello.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome everybody-

After having talked about RC tanks for a year or so, the wife and kids got me a Torro Tiger 1 late production for Christmas last year. I initially wanted and early production, but it was not availible, so I ended up choosing the late version. No regrets though, it is still a nice model with the same functions. Went for a BB version, as the RC tanks is not so big in DK, so I am not expecting to go to any battles.
Modifications have off course started all ready, but the first thing I made was a turntable for working on the tank and displaying it.
Attachments
Rare picture - Tank and turntable in the living room
Rare picture - Tank and turntable in the living room
Lift piece attached
Lift piece attached
Without centerpiece for lift
Without centerpiece for lift
2020-03-21 19.54.31-1.jpg (99.23 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Return to “Introduce Yourself”