New to RC introduction

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Greenford
Recruit

New to RC introduction

Post by Greenford »

I’m new to the world of RC tanks, I bought a Mato all metal Panzer 3 for my disabled son who enjoys tanks in general
I have no experience other than seeing it going up and down the garden but want to understand it more.

We live in Norfolk an£ have interests in military history and the tank museum at Long Stratton Norwich, what do we hope to get from the club, a better understanding of the hobby in general and get some knowledge of how they work
jarndice
Colonel

Re: New to RC introduction

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
We already know you have questions :/ But I have a couple, From whom did you buy the PZ111 and why when it failed to comply with the sales of goods act did you not contact the dealer for a replacement or your money back ?
I am sure one way or the other we can solve this problem but aside from that we hope you will enjoy this journey into penury :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Welcome from South Cambs - keep meaning to get the the Norfolk Tank Museum (may take some time at the moment!)
Greenford
Recruit

Post by Greenford »

Thankyou for your replies I got it from tankzone came recommended, I’m trying to get hold of them at the moment but hey this seems like a challenge, I think
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Tank zone are a bit hit and miss for that to be fair. I email them about hvss suspension 2 years ago and still haven’t got a reply.

As for mato suppliers forgebear tanks maybe able to help with replacement or put you in touch with someone that can
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Tank zone are a bit hit and miss for that to be fair. I email them about hvss suspension 2 years ago and still haven’t got a reply.

As for mato suppliers forgebear tanks maybe able to help with replacement or put you in touch with someone that can
That’s replacement parts or compatible circuit board replacements
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

My views on Tankzone are very much in the negative primarily because they still owe me £400+ I would avoid them as I would Nitrotek,
There are some top dealers in this hobby but any enterprise that involves money produces people whose interests favour themselves first and the customer a very distant second.
When you start looking for your next Tank (Oh yes you will :haha: ) I would begin by checking out
www.forgebeartanks.com
or
www.rctank.de
There are plenty of others which you will soon discover :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Greenford
Recruit

Post by Greenford »

Thank you so much for your help and replies, just goes to show doesn’t it but on a positive now I can find out how it works and get more in-depth but again thank you all for this means a lot
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Mmm...yes, well Tankzone has something of an an iffy reputation on this Board. Still, if you're the sort of person who's up for a challenge (and not necessarily that of retrieving your hard-earned cash), RCtanking will provide loys of them. It almost inevitably leads to tank-specific D-I-Y. :thumbup: Indeed, for many of us, a large part of the hobby involves 'fixing' (upgrading/enhancing) models when they're 'not broke', as well as when they are. :D
Try to enjoy the learning process! It touches on electronics, painting, military history, engineering in miniature, photography, adhesive properties, 3-D printing...and, well... let's just say it has almost a complete educational syllabus :lolno: :wave: More to the point, it can be immersive fun, and, if you're happy to go bankrupt, there are few better ways of doing it :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”