Jnewboy Customs ~ Magic Grime

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Jnewboy Customs ~ Magic Grime

Post by Tiger6 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:No, it's just that every other country on this planet happily sends high value parcels across the globe without any custom declaration labels or just lies about the value. Not the US and they are loosing trade as a result.
Quite sure the US Govt is more than happy to loose the odd small value trade due to the mail fraud statues preventing you from misrepresenting the value of the parcel, vs being able to take down organised crime syndicates and corrupt public officials (Hey Max, is ol' Kwame out of Federal custody yet? :haha: ) with those same laws :/ (which is why they were implemented originally)

I suspect the reason the shipping seems so outrageous to you is that its so darn cheap to get stuff from China - there's a reason for that: China has some how kept its 'developing nation' status and therefore has its postage subsidised by international treaty:

https://www.ft.com/content/3af8bfb8-ad3 ... a20d67390c
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... al-subsidy
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Sorry, dont know why it calculated it that high :O
Try it now, I fixed it.
Should be about $15 :thumbup:
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Thats a little more reasonable :thumbup:
How do you get around the restriction on liquids? Or don't we talk about that :shh:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

T6, Kwame is still getting the salami, doing 28 years in New Jersey. I'm not sure which is worse, the doing 28 years, or the having to be in New Jersey. @)

Jimster, I hope you'll review this when you get it, hopefully with video, and tell us how you like it. The link doesn't say how much you get, but 50 mL of Flory is still $9 so it might be hard to pry me away. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Sure thing. My poor old Tiger needs something to make her more appealing. And of course I love posting photos! There is nobody around me who is interested in RC tanks so I live vicariously through all of you on this forum.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

This product has some major advantages over traditional filters and washes, it is faster and requires much less technical modeling skills. Its not made in a factory in China. The Magic Grime jar is small but its for a reason, it goes a long way, I usually do several models on a single jar about the size of a shot glass. Pigment isn't cheap but if you try it I know you will enjoy the ease and speed it provides.
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Now, do you need to wipe it off, or is it light enough to stay on in one coat?
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

PershingLover wrote:Now, do you need to wipe it off, or is it light enough to stay on in one coat?
It should be wiped off, 99% of the time, the only exception I would say is applying it as shading or mud around and behind the wheels of a tank.

Scrub or paint it on then wipe it off, the longer its on the more intense the filter is. You can thin it with acrylic thinner or tap water in order to paint it on easier. It will not disturb acrylic paint if used on it.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Jnewboy wrote:Sorry, dont know why it calculated it that high :O
Try it now, I fixed it.
Should be about $15 :thumbup:
That's more typically priced - glad l mentioned it.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Jnewboy wrote:You can thin it with acrylic thinner or tap water in order to paint it on easier. It will not disturb acrylic paint if used on it.
What about enamels, like testors model master?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Discussion”