New to tanks

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Dinky
Recruit

New to tanks

Post by Dinky »

Hi all,just recently got into thanks (Taigen tiger 1 metal edition)been into rc for 38 years,had planes,helis,cars,drones and fpv race quads,but never tanks but I've been bitten by bug,lots of really helpful members on the forum from the look of things and I look forward to picking people's brains if I need any help
Thanks Dinky (Dave)
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Re: New to tanks

Post by Marco Peter »

Welcome!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Welcome to the Forum. You have come to Tanks at a great time in the Hobby. 3D Printing and what-not. Pics of your Tiger when you get the chance. We love to chat and kick the virtual road wheels around here.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Yes, welcome, Dave. I'm guessing from the 'Dinky' handle could be a reference to 'Dinky Toys, and therefore a UK location? If not, then do tell us (roughly) where you are based. Location details can help with recommendations, clubs, etc.
As Painless has observed, with 3-D printing, and tank makers such as Heng Long listening to the needs of fans, the hobby has indeed clanked forward. Notwithstanding the current global crisis, there's still plenty to do indoors on the tank customisation front. Then again, the supply of models and parts is likely to be affected by the defensive measures being taken globally. By how much, we can only wait and see. :think:
That's a good introductory choice of Tank, by the way. Do make space for many more. :D :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Dinky
Recruit

Post by Dinky »

Indeed I am based in the UK (leeds,west Yorkshire),the Dinky nickname has stuck with me since being knee high to a grasshopper,now 46 and it's still with me
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Dinky wrote:Indeed I am based in the UK (leeds,west Yorkshire),the Dinky nickname has stuck with me since being knee high to a grasshopper,now 46 and it's still with me
Ah, a dinky Tyke, then :D :thumbup: I've had a few nicknames myself, in my many decades- but some are not printable here :lolno:
Although all my roots are to be found north of the border, and in Ireland, I did spend a few years in Knaresborough, as a nipper (wain)- not too far away from you. That's until we fled back across Hadrian's Wall :D for the Irn Bru, and McCowan's Highland toffee, and the battered Mars bars :/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Dinky
Recruit

Post by Dinky »

Worked in harrogate in 2008 for about 4 years,I too have Celtic roots on my mother's side banchory near Aberdeen, Dad lives about 20 miles north of Aberdeen in a tiny village nice and quite great countryside where he is,would love to be living up there myself
Dinky
Recruit

Post by Dinky »

Hoping my tarr mk4 comes tomorrow :S
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from across the pond (I hate that saying, gotta quit using it)! The Tiger 1 is by far my favorite tank and tricking it out with aftermarket upgrades has been a very rewarding aspect of the hobby. I’m pretty much a newbie as well.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”