Clark tk24 set up help.

Discussion for Clark electronics.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Clark tk24 set up help.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Morning all,

I've just recently bought a tank with a Clark tk24 board installed. I believe it to be the standard 4ch option and I am trying to set it up with my spektrum dx6e radio. This is the first Clark board that I have seen let alone owned. So far I have had no luck what so ever trying to get it to work :thumbdown: My first question would be do you need to calibrate the board to the radio as you do with the ibu and if so how do you achieve this ? I have plugged the 4 channel plugs into my receiver but the functions and how they perform are random and sporadic at the moment, it doesn't matter which way the sticks are moved it just triggers a random movement of a function which does not include any movement of the elevation or traverse thus far :crazy: I've seen the tracks move only twice and that was in a different direction to one another. Another problem that I've come across and I have read online is that the boards do not like a fully charged battery which I have confirmed as I got nothing from it while using one but it will randomly do things with a partly discharged battery :( I'd appreciate any help or info to get it working before I get any more frustrated with it and resign it to the bin :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Clark tk24 set up help.

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I once had troubles which sound a bit similar to yours with a Clark board and solved it by switching the mode on the transmitter. Can't remember what I switched it from or to, unfortunately. It is worth a try
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I have it set to mode 2 at the minute Richard the same as all my other tanks. It is very frustrating as what sounds I have heard from it so far seem very good but if it doesn't run that is by the by. Does the board need to be first calibrated to the radio or is it just a matter of plugging the receiver in ?

Cheers, Lee.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

You definitely need to bind the radio to the receiver first. You might need to google the exact procedure for your radio and receiver. Good luck.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hi Jimster,

My radio and receiver are already bound, I was wondering if the board needs to be calibrated to the radio as the ibu board needs to before it works. My question relating to the receiver was if the board just needs to be plugged into the receiver for it to work as in no set up of the board was required ??? :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Whenever I install a new to me MFU I read the instructions and then I search out all the information I can find on U-Tube.
The ASP2 did not come with instructions, I had to join an Australian Forum and download it from that site and my first Clark board came with everything in German so U-Tube came into its own with both boards. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Sorry that did not help. Clark boards have always been plug and play so far as my experience goes. That includes a TK24.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks fellas, I've looked on the Clark site but the instructions are if you are using a flysky radio, I hope I can get it running as the sounds are fantastic from what I've heard of it :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Are your channel plugs in the correct order? If it's not sbus setup with single plug you may have to change them from 1,2,3,4 to another order.....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hi Carl,

I have tried a couple of combinations with the receiver plugs but it acts exactly the same, I can get the engine sounds to start on the odd occasion but nothing else works as in the elevation sound or movement or the traverse, the main cannon will periodically recoil and flash but at random movements of the sticks and not always the same movement :crazy: :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “Clark”