1936 leFH 18 10.5cm Towed Artillery

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1936 leFH 18 10.5cm Towed Artillery

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Will,
While looking for parts on EBay the other day, I noticed that there are some scale kits available of this gun, just not from this manufacturer. I chuckle because one built 1/15 scale offering ( done up beautifully ) was priced at over 300+ US. Cheap for the money, I was thinking.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

This afternoon I kicked myself into motion with the old Army adage, "if it ain't moving, paint it". A few hours and six coats of the excellent Tamiya grey primer later, I have made a passable start. My truck hood ornament still needs some work but there is a lot of hand detail painting to do once the initial green is applied. The resin cast may have made for a lot of cleanup to free up the parts and I can't fault the resin quality. Very workable and smooth... Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Hardly any cleanup before paint will be required = Good Resin.jpg
Hardly any cleanup before paint will be required = Good Resin.jpg
Star still needs some work....jpg
Star still needs some work....jpg
Six passes with Tamiya primer later....jpg
Six passes with Tamiya primer later....jpg
Time to primer.jpg
Time to primer.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

What a brilliant job of work. You have a lot to be proud of, :clap: :clap:
If it is not to late our very own Rad Schuhart makes and sells a first class paint mask of Soviet Stars in various sizes, And he does requests even making some Soviet Army Truck registration plates for me. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, my friend,
Thank you for looking in. It is definitely not too late. I would love to place a red star on the driver's door and add the white outline to the one on the roof. Those markings are the basic Taigen ones that come with their KV-1. No loss there.
Today is my 7th Wedding Anniversary so no modeling today. I will go and check out Rad's site for those stencils.
Thank you again. Be safe over there.
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

I finished the last bit of work on the field piece tonight. The resin kit part had to be swapped out for something that swiveled and elevated with any bumps the carriage might roll over. Some collaboration with the General produced a design that worked and was rock solid when in the tow configuration. Paint and markings are all that is left now. ( Speaking of which, what is the link again to Rad's site, please?) Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Solid ... the screw heads are filed to sit together flush.jpg
Solid ... the screw heads are filed to sit together flush.jpg
Some drilling with various bits and a couple of screws and a brass shim and two earth magnets later....jpg
Some drilling with various bits and a couple of screws and a brass shim and two earth magnets later....jpg
The Kit supplied part...strong but not up to being towed through dirt, etc....jpg
The Kit supplied part...strong but not up to being towed through dirt, etc....jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Beautiful NO not you the Artillery piece :haha:
Oh, congratulations on the anniversary.I hope you are both as happy as Jan and I are in 47 years :clap:
Rads Address is-----
http://www.radindustries.wordpress.com
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

"The General"........................
Nuff said ;) :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herman I could not bring myself to spell out "He who must not be named" :thumbup:
Still miss his originality on the Forum,
Just so pleased he is still out there helping the good guys.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

No!.....and with what the man has done for his nation & family-that would be disrespectful too :shifty:
Mr Alpha shall be named.
That real world situation aside, its amazing where ideas come from and what those ideas take the form of.
Im sure that your paint will be on point, but as its going to be a towed model, and your terrain isnt exactly a putting green, its bound to get knocked around big time I reckon...........hows the confidence ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Gentlemen,
I am pleased to say that Alpha and I maintain a working relationship and talk daily about the state of the Hobby and what we are respectively building. Thank you again, Mr. Jarndice for the URL for Rad. The Mate and I have known each other for 20 yrs, been together for 17 of those and Married now for 7. Could not get through the daily battle of Life without them. ;o) Mr. Herman. Confidence is High! Troop morale is good! Paint will be layered! ;o)
regards and stay safe, both of you.
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”