1936 leFH 18 10.5cm Towed Artillery

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
PershingLover
Corporal

Re: 1936 leFH 18 10.5cm Towed Artillery

Post by PershingLover »

Wow Painless, you are really moving fast! I swear everytime I log in you've got something done! Nice work
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Hello Pershing Lover!
Thanks for looking in. My hands have paid the price for the swiftness of the build. * ouch* ( Well, considering how long I dithered over finishing the truck, I guess it is only fair ) Tonight, I took a break and made a run up North to get some small brass hinges. That armor skirt in front hangs too close to the ground so it will have to work as designed as well and be hinged to lift over obstacles while under tow. I may wind up removing the shovels on the trailing arms and hinging them as well to flip up and over while under tow. I'll have to think on that one.
regards,
Painless

P.S. Here is a link to the look I am going for: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAi
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When I read of the self inflicted harm you are causing to your fingertips I cannot help ask the question we all of us ask, "Am I really doing this for FUN" :lolno:
Your patience with building from a resin kit is both exemplary and a warning.
Brilliant results so far, I shall watch with great interest without the slightest intention of ruining my digits working in such fine detail. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning my Friend.
I hope that the day finds you in fine fettle. ( Fun = Satisfaction?) Thank you! I was sitting this morning and reading your reply while looking at those shovels. A solution presented itself so I will work on them and the armor skirt before I move on to the barrel. This piece may not get a lot of mileage but it should look somewhat authentic while under tow and dug into a firing position.
regards and thank you for looking in.
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

A couple of days away to let the holes and cuts heal up a little and it was back to it this afternoon. Today, I wanted to make the Shovels workable so that the gun could be fitted with a proper tow point. Also, the stiff armor skirt up front was a breakage looking to happen so I addressed it tonight. The resin on this kit is good quality and took to my massaging it with drills and a saw very well. I only had one break and fortunately, it was minor. ( The resin, not my long suffering right shoulder joint ;o) Pics: (Click to Enlarge)
Attachments
An afternoon and evenings worth of work but worth it....jpg
An afternoon and evenings worth of work but worth it....jpg
A look from the loaders viewpoint.jpg
A look from the loaders viewpoint.jpg
Front armor skirt mounted and moveable.jpg
Front armor skirt mounted and moveable.jpg
More finger fun....jpg
More finger fun....jpg
Something else I remembered to do, use small screws on the adjustment wheels...beats smooth resin pegs any day....jpg
Something else I remembered to do, use small screws on the adjustment wheels...beats smooth resin pegs any day....jpg
A spacer for the Shovel mounting arms to prevent flex..jpg
A spacer for the Shovel mounting arms to prevent flex..jpg
That tow point will be replaced with a metal one pinned into the solid resin of the arm....jpg
That tow point will be replaced with a metal one pinned into the solid resin of the arm....jpg
Shovels removed and mounting them underway.jpg
Shovels removed and mounting them underway.jpg
Drilling and fitting the Shovel hinge pins before I removed them from the trailing arms.jpg
Drilling and fitting the Shovel hinge pins before I removed them from the trailing arms.jpg
Starting out on making the Shovels and Armor Skirt moveable....jpg
Starting out on making the Shovels and Armor Skirt moveable....jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I do like the thinking behind fitting spacers, It surely increases the practical value of making the "Shovels" viable.
This is turning from what most builders would consider to be a semi-static into a practical working model :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

It's coming along a treat painless, great work :clap: The thing with these resin items is that they have about a gazillion parts to them :crazy: if we lived on the same side of the pond I'd send you my kirin nebelwerfer to build for me :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Jarndice!, if it is big scale, it should move or be moveable. ;o) Lee! Your model and a blank check made out to cash and we're talking. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
Jarndice!, if it is big scale, it should move or be moveable. ;o) Lee! Your model and a blank check made out to cash and we're talking. ;o)
regards,
Painless
You better make that TWO blank checks. Something always comes up at the end, can ya dig it? :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

you do a great job , i love it you have a clean style in your build proccres

Where you buys the Haubitze ?

Gr Ralf
Would like to go home

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”