High capacity compact LiPo for T72 and T90 6.0

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

High capacity compact LiPo for T72 and T90 6.0

Post by Jay-Em »

For those that are not too afraid of LiPo batteries, and are disappointed by the low capacity 1800 LiIon batteries Heng Long puts into the T90 and T72 ( with their smallish battery compartment) there’s a solution.

LiPo Batteries for the Tamiya Dancing Rider ( funny, small trike rc) fit like they were máde for the new 6.0 equipped T72 and T90.

https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=217649&lang=eng

Edit : Also in the UK : https://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrowmax-l ... cts/431887

The LiPo battery is 3200 mah, 50c continuous, and 100c peak power. And it’s absolutely tiny.
It’s almost asif Heng Long planned to use this type of LiPo, the fit is thàt precise. Only thing is that it needs a new connector or a T-connector to Tamiya molex adapter.

Remember : The battery ónly fits the nèw T72 and T90 that have the 6.0 controller, since they have a bulge in the battery compartment and the Arrowmax battery is rather high/square ( about 30mm x 30mm)

I get móre than an hour of use ( all-metal equipped, heavy T72) in various terrain with the smoker running ( the new smoker is a tad thirstier than the old one... but, my wòrd, does it work!)
Last edited by Jay-Em on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: High capacity compact LiPo for T72 and T90 6.0

Post by jarndice »

Great tip, Thank you,
Last edited by jarndice on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Great tip, Thank you,
That looks like a "Deans Connector",
Plenty of dealers offering Deans/Tamiya Adapters for very little money.
www.componentshop.co.uk will change the connection at no cost or so I am told :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jay-Em
Corporal

Post by Jay-Em »

Ah. Very nice. That little problem fixed also.

‘Deans’ or ‘T-connector is - by the way, a bit of licensing jiggery-pokery, I believe. ‘Deans’ is a protected copyright.
(Poor newbies that have to fight their way through all those different names for the same things..)

Just discovered it’s available in the UK too.. but at what price??. 40 quid??.? ( Wheelspin) :O My word! For that price the €13.- extra for shipping from Germany, is worth it... Get a couple of them, and it’s even more attractive..

( I love those super compact batteries. They’re light, and fit in almost every weird contraption I fiddle with, say snowmobiles or rc surfboards, or tiny jetboats or smallish airboats :D )

Ah.. MUCH better : https://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrowmax-l ... cts/431887
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Check at hobbyking, you might find the exact size for 1/3 the price.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Best I can find at hobbyking with the right dimensions is only 850mah
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jay-Em
Corporal

Post by Jay-Em »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Check at hobbyking, you might find the exact size for 1/3 the price.
Nope. Checked. Afa I can see, sadly only in tiny, max 800mah capacities.

Hence why I jumped on the Arrowmax batteries an bought a bunch of them. Quite a unique size and capacity, it seems.

By the by, also a great size to separately power amp-guzzling extra’s like a big amplifier in our tanks. Taking power for those from the main battery, usually creates all sorts of ground-loop like problems. Not so with a separate power-source.

A 10watt Visaton, a 15watt mono amp, and the neighbours storm outside, wondering what maniac is idling a jet engine on their front porch ( Abrams M1) 15 réal watts are LOUD.. :haha:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Are you 100% sure? Because I bought plenty of batteries with different shapes... Can you tell me how big is the room for the battery? Maybe I can find something cheaper for you.

Yeah, I love saving dough, lol
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Try chinahobbyline. They've got more batteries than you can shake a stick at.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jay-Em
Corporal

Post by Jay-Em »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Are you 100% sure? Because I bought plenty of batteries with different shapes... Can you tell me how big is the room for the battery? Maybe I can find something cheaper for you.

Yeah, I love saving dough, lol
7 x 3 x 3 cm max. ( L x W x H )

BTW Chinahobbyline (terribly slow site btw) is also only low Mah and vèry low C-values. Mostly TX and RX packs. They will puff in high-amp applications.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”