1/6 Dragon Jeep axles

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: 1/6 Dragon Jeep axles

Post by Ad Lav »

downwind leg wrote:
Ad Lav wrote:Well, no need to buy an HG P407 - I picked this up last night :)

I’ll get some details of the conversion tonight.

Leaf springs etc from a 1/10 crawler, figures etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow Ad Lav, that looks an awful lot like a G.I.Joe Jeep conversion. Spot on! Hi all, I'm very interested in the details of this conversion. Did you build this jeep yourself? The undercarriage looks fantastic. Please let us know.
Evening! It is a very similar conversion, use some crawler axles and leaf springs for suspension and a crawler motor/transfer box.

I can point you in the direction of some GI Joe conversions in the USA if that would help?

Adam
downwind leg
Recruit

Post by downwind leg »

Yes thank you so much. I would appreciate any help you can give me. I have a buddy(max-u52) who I've been talking to about doing a conversion for me. Which crawler did you use for this conversion and was it a G.I. Joe or a Dragon jeep? I have two G.I.Joe jeeps sitting here waiting.
Last edited by downwind leg on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I’ll send you a pm.

Adam
downwind leg
Recruit

Post by downwind leg »

Hey midlife 306, I am looking forward to the next part of this build. I'm wondering if you have sorted out the wheel/axle connection. Hope you haven't pissed in your chips anymore but we all do that from time to time. That is so annoying! Anyway, this is a great build and I appreciate all the work you have done so far and sharing it with the rest of us. :thumbup:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Sorry, since I finally bought a new PC my printers have been running 24/7 trying to catch up on a couple of big projects, so I have had zero time to look at this. Fingers crossed in a couple of weeks I’ll be back on it.
Cheers
Wayne

downwind leg
Recruit

Post by downwind leg »

Hey Wayne, I just had a thought maybe for future conversions. For the cost of a second chassis, you could use just the back of the two chassis and then they would line up better with the original. I don't know the measurements but you might even avoid the chassis extension piece and have just one splice instead of two. I imagine the truck chassis was narrowed to allow for steering those oversized crawler tires but no need for that with the stock tires. This also might increase ease of mounting the chassis to the body as well as being closer to the stock mounting spot on the front axel. Just a thought.
Brad
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Cheers Brad, I’m actually thinking of 3D printing a chassis out of PETG for my next attempt
Thanks
Wayne

downwind leg
Recruit

Post by downwind leg »

O.K. I'm not familiar with that type of filament for a 3d printer. Is that a much stronger material than the original Dragon chassis? Also wondering if you are going to use the original Dragon chassis as a pattern. Sounds very cool. Your inventiveness has no bounds good sir! :thumbup:
downwind leg
Recruit

Post by downwind leg »

Hey Wayne, I'm Jonesing for another update on the Dragon Jeep conversion. Since this whole covid 19 outbreak, I'm not getting out much. Hope all is well with you and yours. :thumbup:
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

RocHobby have just brought out a 1/6 41 Willy's jeep being distributed in the States for $270. On a rock crawler chassis but looks really good and seemingly a bargain. Sorry can't do a link.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”