Heng long tk6.0 vs tk6.0s

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Sabre27
Recruit

Re: Heng long tk6.0 vs tk6.0s

Post by Sabre27 »

Hopefully this will help you all---

TK 6 & 6.1 SERIES MFU FEATURES

TK6.0 = Proportional everything, IR, airsoft, adjustable track recoil, adjustable turning/speed/etc ("expo")

TK6.0S = TK6.0 with a better smoker circuit

TK6.1 = TK6.0S with ports for cannon recoil servo, cannon elevation servo, light sensor, and cannon stabilizer (gyro)

TK6.1S = TK6.1 with higher ampacity (160A), New Separate Steering & Driving Combo Motors compatability

:thumbup: :thumbup:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Even the 6.0 has unused sockets, some lighting but some for WiFi etc. Problem is, how are they activated?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

The front and rear light switches were separate on 6.0 but are combined on the S mfu. This frees up a 'switch' for the left stick throttle option. On my S the smoker works! All good stuff. ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Tinsen
Recruit

Post by Tinsen »

tk 6.0 smoker blow with piston ,6.0S blow with modified fan
tk 6.0 cn 11 feed 7.4 v cn 12 feed 3-5 v (proportional)
tk 6.0S cn 11 feed 6 v cn 12 feed 6 v fix
Why Heng Long do this? I think 6.0 when tank don't run ,smoke will flood to the ground.
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Makes sense. The voltage for the smoker circuit must be lower on the “S” as Tinsen indicated, òr keeps the fan running at a slightly higher RPM at idle, because connecting the new, fan-based smoker to a “non-S” will give sùch an abundance of smoke, that it edges on the ridiculous. It smokes like mad on idle. Closer to a battlefield smoking system than an exhaust.

The only time I saw thìs much smoke from a HL smoker was when I drove the resistor in the reservoir with a volt-up to 9v ( that... didn’t survive for very long... :haha: )

I also got a T72 with the new smoker and a 6.0-S in it, and that most certainly doesn’t make the crazy amount of smoke the non “S” makes..

When driving, it calms down though, and looks rather good, even in windy conditions, I’d have to say..

It’s going to be interesting to see how long the new resistor wire will stay alive on the non-S controllers I run.
toshik
Private

Post by toshik »

I have not seen any US sellers offering any TK-6.1S equipped models, TK-6.0S highest, only standalone controllers for sale is like $70 - half of barebones plastic tank! I guess the manufacturer tries to sell old 6.0 first before starting to ship 6.1
I was also told by one seller that TK6.1S board is just used on Henglong full metal versions only - I doubt that, Chinese are tuff guys, sales might have been slow due to COVID but instead of retrofitting older models with new controllers they try to sell old ones first. I rotated the images to the side in order not to shrink them down.
Attachments
TKdifferences.jpg
TK-6.1S.jpg
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Another nice detail of the TK 6.1s : It has a metal casing! I was wondering how they would keep the high-amp drive MosFets cool.. well.. there was my answer. 25000rpm amp-chugging RS390 motors are now a reliable option for more modern tanks. No more worries something will let-out the Holy Smoke if running those in heavy terrain.

Net result of all that luxury, is that the price of a unit creeps closer&closer to an IBU or Clark, though.
Leo Part 1
Recruit

Post by Leo Part 1 »

My Leopard 2a6 came with the v6.0S. Would replacing it with a v6.1s give any problems?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi all,

Just thought I would upload a short clip showing the cannon smoke function on the heng long tk6.1s mfu. I've installed it on a project I'm currently working on and combined it with a recoil unit I made for the barrel and a cannon flash, the smoke effect is a bit excessive in the clip only because I had just topped up the reservoir but I'm pleased to say it has calmed down since :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

phpBB [video]
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Leo Part 1 wrote:My Leopard 2a6 came with the v6.0S. Would replacing it with a v6.1s give any problems?
Hi Leo
It's almost a 1: 1 conversion. All you have to do is change the battery plug (not MFU) to T-Deans (female). This will protect you in the future against the risk of short-circuiting or swapping + / - wires. And it will allow for lower losses (resistance) in the flow of current.

Return to “General Questions”