Hello!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
WaltC
Recruit

Hello!

Post by WaltC »

Greetings, I come in peace.
Been registered here for a while and reading many great posts so a brief intro. I started model making many years ago with plastic cars. Moved on to HO scale trains as well. That sorta fell by the wayside and then started up again with cars and Sn3 trains.
Some time ago at a car show I saw an RC tank that musta been a Tamiya Tiger. Thought that was way cool but far beyond my pay grade. It did cause me to think about another hobby, tho. Last summer I saw an HL Tiger available on Amazon for what looked to be a decent price so ordered that. Being in the Denver, CO area, I found the Front Range Armor Group. Was lucky enough to attend the last battle day and got hooked.
When I got home from the FRAG day, there was a HL truck waiting on my front step looking to be made into a weapons carrier of some sort.
And then I guess I was an OK boy last year 'cause there was a Taigen Panzer IV kit under the tree at Christmas.
Well, I can quit any time so I'm only going to have one RC vehicle- the HL Tiger, and the weapons carrier, and the PZ IV, and probably a Panther... ( halftracks are really neat, too ).
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Hello!

Post by Jimster »

Greetings from another American! Colorado is an excellent state. Don’t be shy about posting photos of your RC goodies.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome to the 'Only one! ' Club. Walt. Ahhh...yes, the best laid plans of mice and men, should be: the best laid plans of Men and M4s :D
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

WaltC wrote:Greetings, I come in peace.
Been registered here for a while and reading many great posts so a brief intro. I started model making many years ago with plastic cars. Moved on to HO scale trains as well. That sorta fell by the wayside and then started up again with cars and Sn3 trains.
Some time ago at a car show I saw an RC tank that musta been a Tamiya Tiger. Thought that was way cool but far beyond my pay grade. It did cause me to think about another hobby, tho. Last summer I saw an HL Tiger available on Amazon for what looked to be a decent price so ordered that. Being in the Denver, CO area, I found the Front Range Armor Group. Was lucky enough to attend the last battle day and got hooked.
When I got home from the FRAG day, there was a HL truck waiting on my front step looking to be made into a weapons carrier of some sort.
And then I guess I was an OK boy last year 'cause there was a Taigen Panzer IV kit under the tree at Christmas.
Well, I can quit any time so I'm only going to have one RC vehicle- the HL Tiger, and the weapons carrier, and the PZ IV, and probably a Panther... ( halftracks are really neat, too ).
G'day mate from the Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand.
Saying you can quit at any time is both overly optimistic, and tragically futile !
Its just not that easy.................. :problem:
One Tank is actually some obscure form of Latin for "One to start-many to finish"
You'll see ! ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from the Motor City. It's always good to see a new member who foolishly believes he's only going to have one tank. If I had a dollar for every guy that's come on here and said he was only going to have one tank and then ended up with more than a dozen, I'd have more money than Donald Trump. @)

If you like those little trucks, you're definitely in the right place. We've done all kinds of modifications and changes to the trucks, and we got a couple of very talented designers here who are making 3D printed weapons carriers using the axles and running gear from the trucks.

It sounds like you're going to fit right in, So again, welcome aboard.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
williamthedog
Private

Post by williamthedog »

Welcome to the forum. Plenty to read and learn on here. Enjoy :thumbup:
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

WaltC wrote:Well, I can quit any time so I'm only going to have one OF EACH RC vehicle.
I fixed it for you.. And welcome...
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Welcome from potato land that is Idaho, once you start working on your first tank, you will quickly find you need a second, and then well you will start working on that and it snowballs. Trust me. I only wanted one, I now have 2 and am itching for a 3rd....and 4th.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
WaltC
Recruit

Post by WaltC »

Thanks to you all and especially to Jariath for correcting that line.
I'll post a few photos when there's something to show...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
Welcome to the Forum from the Southern Rockies of Colorado. FRAG is an amazing Group with a stupendous Tank Village. Looking forward to seeing your tanks.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”