New project Matilda 3/4

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Re: New project Matilda 3/4

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

A Matilda excites a lot of people (me too 8) , so I´m glad you choosed this for your next project :thumbup:
Raminator wrote:The Queen of the Desert, eh? Lots of interesting and complex shapes in the glacis and mantlet, they'd definitely be too complex for styrene sheets. Time for the OpenSCAD maestro to do his thing. I'll be watching this with interest, Alwyn!
Some complex parts have to be printed, but most of the Matilda can be done with styrene:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22325&hilit=queen+desert

Cheers,
Freddy
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Look forward to this one, always liked the Matilda.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Many thanks to Tim we have a turret

YAAY!

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Things are progressing well, first print of the Matilda turret which looks spot on. Unfortunately the bowden tube decided to shuffle around during the print so the quality is crap. Clamped the bowden tube (stable door after the horse bolted) and reprint ongoing. I found a couple of pz3 sprockets and tracks in my spares box so we're off to a flying start.

Heading for Spain on Tuesday so there probably won't be any progress until December :'( :'(

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Freddy built a beaut., Alwyn, and I'm sure you will too. :thumbup: Looks like a good start already!
The Matilda could survive hits from anything the Germans could lob at one, except the almighty 88mm. The 2-pounder became its main drawback, after some notable initial successes in France against Pz 1s,2s, and 111s. They gave Rommel's attacking Armoured Division an unpleasant surprise, knocking over thirty of his tanks out, as the Panzers sought to cut the BEF off in Northern France. Rommel then had to improvise with 88mm flak guns to halt the British assault.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

So off to a quick start. I got the 1/35 model for scaling and got cracking with the lower hull

I didn't like the turret from Tim, there were too many funny angles and things so I remodelled the turret in openscad

There a loooong way to go on this one

Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Oh boy, getting my popcorn out for this one, going to be good. Great start so far.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Will be nice to watch the progress of this one.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Alwyn another example of how your skills bring the unusual pieces to life! Will be following along super job :clap: :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Really enjoy watching what comes out of the mancaves these days with printers and and inovation.

( PS soundset for mathilda is ready :thumbup: )
Drammen Rock City

Return to “Other Builds”