Heng Long Tiger 1 non runner

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AndyC
Recruit

Re: Heng Long Tiger 1 non runner

Post by AndyC »

jarndice wrote:An alternative to the Heng Long RX18 is Taigens V3 Control board which is the same size as the RX18 but offers more options including a sound module,
It is fully digital and unlike the RX18 it can be used with an aftermarket transmitter as well as Taigens own Transmitter,
About £ 70/£80 for a full kit from http://www.forgebeartanks.com or http://www.rctank.de
Both are reputable dealers and very helpful.
Spending that sort of money isn't an option unfortunately.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

try here
link https://howesmodels.co.uk/

there in kidlington they may have a broken tiger or parts they may sell you
dave
AndyC
Recruit

Post by AndyC »

forgebear wrote:try here
link https://howesmodels.co.uk/

there in kidlington they may have a broken tiger or parts they may sell you
dave
Thanks, I'll be in Kidlington today so I'll go and see them.
AndyC
Recruit

Post by AndyC »

Howes can't help, nothing available.

Anyone on here upgraded and want to sell their old bits?
AndyC
Recruit

Post by AndyC »

So, just coming back to this - I need a Heng Long 27MHz RX18 MFU and wiring kit + 27MHz receiver board + 27MHz tranmitter - is that right? Any pointers on where to get for not much money!
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

May l recommend you use your old nonworking Tiger1 as a target and purchase the very latest version 6 Henglong Tiger 1 off eBay from a UK seller for under £90 with free delivery. FAR better model. FAR better value. Just add 6 aa batteries and you are away, trouble free with all the latest features. You know it makes sense!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:May l recommend you use your old nonworking Tiger1 as a target and purchase the very latest version 6 Henglong Tiger 1 off eBay from a UK seller for under £90 with free delivery. FAR better model. FAR better value. Just add 6 aa batteries and you are away, trouble free with all the latest features. You know it makes sense!
If you go back to Andy's first post, you will see why he is following the path that he is. It's not his tank
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
AndyC
Recruit

Post by AndyC »

General Jumbo01 wrote:May l recommend you use your old nonworking Tiger1 as a target and purchase the very latest version 6 Henglong Tiger 1 of eBay from a UK seller for under £90 with free delivery. FAR better model. FAR better value. Just add 6 aa batteries and you are away, trouble free with all the latest features. You know it makes sense!
Well that's an idea, certainly. However I'm a lifetime 'fixer' and just enjoy bringing non-working things back to life, and learning stuff along the way.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I know. He should do his freind a favour and explain the meaning of the phrase 'false economy'. It will still make a reasonable static model.

Edit:. Andy, it's so old and crude by modern standards, is it really worth your efforts? If you mate likes the idea of owning a RC tank then grab one while there is still stock in the country, they appear to have come back in last weekend. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I think if Andy's pal buys a new Tiger 1 for £90+ and finds out the attractions of RC Tanking are not what we say they are he is going to be out of pocket to the tune of £90+ and just maybe no longer Andy's pal :thumbdown:
Whereas if Andy 's plea for someone with an unwanted Serviceable RX18, a compatible Transmitter and the necessary wiring comes forward wanting just the cost of the postage we then have a happy Andy and if his friend likes RC Tanking we all know what happens next,
Shares in Heng Long/Taigen/Tamiya increase exponentially :haha:

By the way Andy does the Secondary Board (Daughter Board) attached to the tank body have all the cables soldered in place or is the centre lower 3 pin a plug and is the upper 8pin soldered in place or a plug?
And are you ok with a soldering iron because a little soldering will be needed when rewiring the headlights the hull mg and the Turret rotation motor to the daughter board.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”