FPV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: FPV

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

General Jumbo01 wrote:I wish you the best of luck with that project. To clarify, for those of us who battle in a hall the benefit of being able to see the whole battlefield at a glance is too valuable BUT if everyone was FPV only then it would be great fun. You are lucky to have a tank village to play in. Here in the UK we have lots of tarmac and pavements!!
'...Lots of tarmac and pavements...'? Maybe where you live, G.J, but you'd have to travel almost eighty miles to find it (Inverness), where I live, G.J. :D Once you escape the sprawling London molloch there's plenty of scenery to provide living backdrops to FPV clips. That, despite the attempts by successive governments to build all over Green belt. @)
Some potential Tankpark places in my own garden for future FPV scenes:
Ramp for tanks
Ramp for tanks
Garden Ardennes
Garden Ardennes
Rhine crossing...
Rhine crossing...
A wee Rhine crossing, suggesting the need for a 1/16 scale Remagen Bridge. :D
Ardennes campaign
Ardennes campaign
There's been a lot of rain lately, but the flow of water can be relied upon in the 'river,' as a leaky field drain never seems to run dry (unlike my drinks cabinet :haha: )
Hill 112-tank testing slope
Hill 112-tank testing slope
In the Summer (should it deign to appear), I might well try fitting an FPV unit to a tank barrel. With someone else to operate another tank, it would be cool to film one in motion from the moving FPV unit.
Sorry for the slight deviation from the thread theme...
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

Its all relevant the idea was to hear every ones thoughts on FPV and yes the footage of another tank on the move from a scale perspective.. That's a very nice battle ground that you have there!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Isn't Inverness just NW of the moon? It would take me all day to get to the Scottish Highlands! I could just move!! :)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

So its not in Cornwall then!
General Jumbo01

No, Cornwall is just SW of the moon, near Wales and Liverpool. I must upgrade my sat nav ;)

But for all this nonsense, FPV must surely be the way to go if everyone is so equipped. Can anyone recommend a simple to fit and use reasonably priced unit?
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

My latest camera with transmitter is about £35 and my local shop is selling the FPV screen at half price £50 the camera fits into the turret sensor of the challenger with a small modification..
General Jumbo01

Are you happy with it? If so, could you please post a link to it, just in case my drone purchase doesn't work out.
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

I am more than happy with it good picture and no connection problems.. He doesn't do on line I will get the details from him tomorrow but its the Ares 7 Inch HD FPV Monitor Screen - 32ch Auto Scan 5.8ghz if you wanted one I could get it and forward it on..
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Here's just a couple examples that are available, banggood, hobby king and gearbest are all good places to get cheap fpv components.

https://usa.banggood.com/RX5808-5_8Ghz- ... rehouse=CN

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mini-cmos-f ... e-600.html

https://usa.banggood.com/Eachine-TX5258 ... ehouse=USA

Those are just examples of what you need, a screen, a receiver, a transmitter and a camera. Make sure to check voltages. My systems run on 12 volts so I have 3S lipos for them and plan accordingly during the build. In the Hetzer and the FPV truck the fpv system has it's own dedicated power supply. Fpv can be loads of fun, but as with any other aspect of this hobby, there can be a frustration level and there's definitely a learning curve. But it ain't rocket science, and if a Gomer like me can do it ...
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

I must admit the system I am using its about £85 but it is plug and play you put the camera where you want it connect it up and away it goes. I had no problems, probably can get a cheaper set up, but is all I need for my other tanks now is the camera with built in transmitter.

Return to “General Discussion”