upload to the board

Do you need help with or have an issue with the RC Tank Warfare website, post here!
easy8
Private

upload to the board

Post by easy8 »

I want to upload a pdf file to help other installing an ibu3 module, programming a transmitter and bound the receivers......I get the message:"
There was a problem uploading your file to the server, please try again later. I dit more than 40 uploads.....who can help?

cheers easy8
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: upload to the board

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

if the .pdf was larger than 10mbs, then maybe it was rejected. :problem:
Were you using the link at the bottom of the 'Downloads' section (oddly enough :D ) to upload the file?
downloads/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
easy8
Private

Post by easy8 »

No the file was 6 Mb and yes I was using the link "downloads' to upload the file. I tried it several times without luck. So I think someone behind the support of rctankwarfare should look into this.

Cheers Easy8
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I suffered a similar problem that was resolved when I updated my "Acrobat Reader".
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I've just uploaded a .pdf successfully. It's an authoritative account (based on regimental records) of Panther supply, losses, and repair/retrievals during WW2. Perhaps, as Shaun suggested, this worked because I too have the latest version of Acrobat. That said, it's not uploaded from Acrobat itself; and even if the app itself is updated, that won't update a .pdf file itself. The file could be a vintage one (like the old Tamiya manuals).
But maybe early version .pdfs somehow give the upload utility indigestion. :problem: I suspect the problem lies elsewhere. :problem:
If you provide a link (URL) to the site you downloaded the .pdf from, somebody else could try uploading it for you. I might do it myself. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
easy8
Private

Post by easy8 »

Thank you all for your helpful advices. I just manage to upload the documentation. It was indeed the file size. So I split up the document into 4 parts and it worked!!!!

Please find a set of four documents (PDF) that describe a full setup of a modern programmable transmitter and receiver(s) in order to control a tank by means of an IBU3 module. I tried to describe it in a way that is useful for all that trying to program a radio in a way that it communicates properly with a modern tankcontroller.

Thanks Rob (wibblywobbly), 43rdRecceReg and Silversurfer1947 for your support!!!!

cheers
easy8

Return to “Help”