RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

c.rainford73 wrote:Mr Bix that paintjob is a work of art :clap:
Thanks Mr Rainford, it'll do ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ad Lav wrote:Smart work :D
Cheers Mr Lav, just kicking it out wide & seeing where it ends up :eh:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Have well advanced into the final stages now.
As is my habit, its got a heavy wash befitting a machine that has had several owners-none of them careful!
The blade needs to be 'metalic-y' but not rusty as such, more of a patina, so it got a base of track blend, and a mix of fantasy theme Mars pigment, and Ash. Lots of fixer built up the layers using a stiff brush to stipple it on.
Once it was dry, I used a very soft pencil to add more depth to the shade. It looks like steel now.
Am going to do another few layers of Tamiya weathering pastel and orange rust pigment tomorrow.
Plan is that instead of chipping the paint, I will give it the effect of having the paint worn off over time on the high/sharp edges, and the armour surface rubbed by lots of foot traffic & abrasive dust & debris that is part of street clearing judging by the pictures.
Appears to be a lot of constant contact by streams of 'ersatz' crew and who knows who else but Im guessing without the structured & disciplined conduct of maintenance or operational protocols by a proper crew.
Again the real soft pencil rubbed over the relevant areas should give the right look.
There is a figure on its way from parts unknown, one of the club guys is a figure nut & is very well researched & connected , so one day that will pop up too !
Attachments
P1260021.JPG
P1260022.JPG
P1260020.JPG
glacis wash
glacis wash
patina base R
patina base R
patina base L
patina base L
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Cracking work on the whole model , especially the dozer blade, good to see something different being built. :clap:
I never finish anyth
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

The blade looks great Herman! Oxidized but not rusted. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Brilliant work Herman. That blade looks absolutely fantastic and so realistic! You have nailed it
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Excellent work as usual Sir :clap:

I like your outdoor posted pictures, reminds me what sunshine looks like ! 8)
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

square4 wrote:Cracking work on the whole model , especially the dozer blade, good to see something different being built. :clap:
Appreciate the kudos Mr Square, it is indeed a difficult task to find a different subject to model off.
But part of the fun of doing this thing we do is the difficulty-not necessarily the easiness...........and with such a huge number of ultra talented modelers getting into the larger scale, its a beacon of excitement what we see achieved.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

BarryC wrote:The blade looks great Herman! Oxidized but not rusted. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
Cheers Mr c, done a bit since the picture, but its still not a Pacific Island ship hulk !
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

c.rainford73 wrote:Brilliant work Herman. That blade looks absolutely fantastic and so realistic! You have nailed itImage
Thanks Mr Rainford, of all the things to do on a German tank eh :O a bloody bulldozer blade :/
I'd still rate a Hetzer as one of my bucket-list tanks, but that will be a long while away I suspect ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”