Tamiya Sale

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Tamiya Sale

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Wonderland Models has a Tamiya sale on. Includes a wide range of rc and other models, including some sizeable discounts on full option tanks. https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/sale/tamiya/
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Tamiya Sale

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Oooohhhh... so tempting! No, not the still stupidly overpriced full option tanks but some of the old re-released Tamiya's classic 1/10 buggies and race cars for around a £100. Sweet memories of the 90's :)

Might take another look...

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You guys must be used to high prices over there, because most of the tanks wonderland has on "sale" are still cheaper at the AAF Tank Museum. The percentages look good until you check the original price and find it's way too high. Who pays a thousand pounds for a JP? The percentages are what they take off from Tamiya's ridiculous required MSRP, which no one sells them for. Almost all vendors sell for substantially less than the MSRP.

But that 1/12 van was very cool. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

The full options can be bought cheaper from Europe, but the UK prices are around the same discounted price.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Wonderland models are stupidly overpriced to start with, even the discount prices are too much... They are only reducing to what other people sell them for to start with!! Now a good deal would be taking 20% off the cheaper prices.

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/produc ... d-willy-2/

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-wil ... oducts/288
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I went back to their website and dug around a little more and I must say I'm very impressed with Wonderland models. I didn't know that they were a brick-and-mortar hobby shop. I might be a dummy, but I'm willing to pay more if I know it's a brick-and-mortar hobby shop. I really think we have to support those places to make sure that we still have them when we need them. If I had to wait 3 Days Every time I needed a bottle of paint I'd go crazy. We have a couple of very good local hobby shops here in Detroit and I try to buy from them on a regular basis.

Anyway, the virtual tour at their website is very, very cool. I saw all kinds of stuff that I'd be willing to spend money on. :haha:

Should I ever make it to Scotland I'll have to drop into Wonderland models. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Ad Lav wrote:Wonderland models are stupidly overpriced to start with, even the discount prices are too much... They are only reducing to what other people sell them for to start with!! Now a good deal would be taking 20% off the cheaper prices.

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/produc ... d-willy-2/

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-wil ... oducts/288
Whilst price is a huge influence, comparing Wonderland with modelshop is a little like comparing apples and oranges. Wonderland have a physical presence on the high street with all that that entails - the cost of the building, business rates and staff to physically serve the customers. They will never be able to compete on price with internet only merchants. In one sense, it is our own fault that physical modelshops are gradually disappearing as we transfer our business to the web in search of saving money.
Richard
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Always need to shop around for the best deal no matter what sale is ongoing at one place. Its so easy to compare these days.
compare
compare
Capturesale.JPG (64.32 KiB) Viewed 4344 times
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

The very fact that they are discounting all their Tamiya range may suggest they need to turn some stock into much needed cash. I hope that's not the case but good model shops are going under left, right and center.

Simple bits like brass rod for fabricating model pipe runs, antenna or grab handles is easy to buy if you have local model shop that stocks it but locally l've had one close and another who can't afford to restock, so soon to go under too. Even the big chains like Hobby Craft no longer stock Tamiya rattle fans - too expensive to hold the stock l was told!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Richard, I completely agree.

I would rather go in a shop and buy my kits but when the price difference I so huge we all go online.

My local (45 mile trip) hobby shop does stock them, similar prices.

https://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/t ... option-kit

FWIW - Axels is a proper brick and mortar model shop, his prices are very keen.

Return to “Hobby News”