HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by Max-U52 »

Here's a closer look at the trailer

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Max-U52 wrote:OK, got the second of three possibilities for a tank hauler, the Bruder lowboy.

If you're out there, Will, I ain't heard from you for a bit so I'm hoping I haven't ticked you off and you're still willing to help with your awesome fifth wheel set up. When I was in (circa 1979) we had 5 ton tractors that looked a lot like the M35 and had both a fifth wheel and a clevis hitch (they hauled it all, from tankers to flatbeds to commo trailers), and I think a WPL M35 would be perfect for a role like that.

phpBB [video]

Still waiting for the Kane lowboy, but I believe that to be mostly metal so weight might be an issue. The Bruder set up is all plastic. I think with a two speed gearbox a WPL truck would easily pull the Bruder set-up even with an all metal Sherman or M-36 on board. Opinions? 8) 8|

Thanks to Chase (Roboticus prime) for his advice and steering us in the right direction. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hello I'm here, no worries Gary, you ain't ticked me off, don't worry about that hehe, I just been super busy doing CAD in lunch breaks and trying to 're design parts for my pak40 on paper and building a few things for others.

5th wheel can do no probs. I have printed a few off and have one on my Mack. Also a couple others on here wanting some 5th wheel aswell. It's just been rather hard online as the computer is bust. So stuck using a mobile on this page, which is awkward hehe.
Also been looking buy new car as other cars have broken and I need money for new car more than a computer.
I Could possibly sell a kidney to help costs hahahaha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Gary, look at beginning of video showing close up of my Winch truck and you can see Vietnam era style 5th wheel.
Then I did a quick run of winching a halftrack and skid steer with my 3d printed winch house.

phpBB [video]
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi there,
a little bit late... but not too late.
ZIL-131
Komplett.jpg
Komplett.jpg (93.18 KiB) Viewed 3596 times
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

There's a guy on thingieverse that did a Zil-137 with a powered trailer to make it a 10x10.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Max-U52 wrote:There's a guy on thingieverse that did a Zil-137 with a powered trailer to make it a 10x10.
Yes,
i know:

The ZIL-131 Cab is from Thingiverse:

There is a ZIL-157 too..

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Here's the Kane trailer. It's OK, but I'm sticking with the Bruder.

phpBB [video]
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

if somewhere needs tyres and wheels for german vehicles look for fx-scale , the name of the owner is Thomas Pardun , you will find him on FB too

Gr Ralf
Would like to go home
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Trora wrote:if somewhere needs tyres and wheels for german vehicles look for fx-scale , the name of the owner is Thomas Pardun , you will find him on FB too

Gr Ralf
Yup he does some really great tyres. They are expensive though, almost seems a waste on such a cheap truck, but if scratchbuilding then I be more inclined to use
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So far I'm okay with the tires I've been 3D printing with flexible filament, but if I ever need something really detailed I'll definitely check this guy out, especially if he has something that would fit on a Hanomag SS 100.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”