Builds

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
B_Man
Corporal

Re: Builds

Post by B_Man »

I personally don't post build threads because with work, kids and other interests, tank time is very limited and my builds generally take years until I'm happy to call them finished. I've been planning to put a few final weathering touches on my Jumbo for about 6 months now but haven't found the time to get to it. I still need to finish painting the bloody tank commander too so I might be 'finished' by christmas. I think I started it in late 2014 but I did do a Tamiya Panzer IV somewhere in between.

As others have said I also find uploading photos to this site to be a bit painful which doesn't motivate me to post them.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

If everyone thought uploading pics was a pain this forum would have died years ago. :O
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

ronnie42 wrote:If everyone thought uploading pics was a pain this forum would have died years ago. :O
Very true and I take my hat off to all those with more time and patience than me. I enjoy their work immensely.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I’m quite new but it’s the same for me. It has taken me a year to build an su-85 from a resin kit. I bought an is3 at the same time which haven’t even been started yet.

I have however managed to take photos of a crusader I bought. Some when I got it. Some after alterations and re-paint of base colour and when finished there will be some of the cammo.

That being said I won’t open a thread until it’s completely Finnishes. Cosmetically at least. Still a lot to do on the inside
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi.
I have noticed that When you do take the time and effort to build and resize the pics and load them up not many people comment on them, plenty look, but very few ask questions or comment on your work which i think makes people think why bother to take the time to do it all, might as well spend the time building and then take a pic of it finished.
It is a real shame as you can learn so much just by asking how someone did some thing and enhance your own skills.
Its as if people are afraid to ask or get put off some how.
Ie one post over 1900 views and only 8 comments for example.
Just my observation.
Sub.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Much easier to do bite sizes , everything on at completion would put me off. Another way of looking at builds is if you hit a problem advice is alway on hand. Looking at builds is ok , what about a like button no need to comment :D
Last edited by ronnie42 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

That sir is a very good point. If I view a thread I always try and leave a comment if applicable. Even if it's just showing gratitude to the builder for their work.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon!
Lots of stuff to do this year, build-wise and then years more stored in the Tank Room. I'm going to try to do my first double-header this Spring and upgrade the Panther 'G' while I do a build on the Jagdpanther. That should be fun. More and ongoing work with the Stuart then who knows what I will work on come the Winter again. The KR-11 truck just needs a couple of bits to show up in the mail to aid with the lights and electronics and it is mostly done then barring some small, added details. The towed gun for it is just a build kit and will be pure fun to paint and weather. I'll keep taking pics and be better about doing more daily posts like I used to.
Attachments
Truck is moving along
Truck is moving along
Stuart running gear and tracks need more work
Stuart running gear and tracks need more work
Time for a truckload of Tamiya, Schumo and Aber goodness..jpg
Time for a truckload of Tamiya, Schumo and Aber goodness..jpg
Panther for an upgrade
Panther for an upgrade
...Here for the Dawn...
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Sub wrote:Hi.
I have noticed that When you do take the time and effort to build and resize the pics and load them up not many people comment on them, plenty look, but very few ask questions or comment on your work which i think makes people think why bother to take the time to do it all, might as well spend the time building and then take a pic of it finished.
That's why people put build pictures on Facebook groups, at least they receive "likes" ;) And it's much easier as FB resize picture for you.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

The picture thing is an issue for me as well. I haven't put my pics on a hosting site again after the Photobucket debacle. I have a lot of tanks that I work on since I get bored easily working on the same one all the time.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Discussion”