Tankriders

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tankriders

Post by jarndice »

Hi, I am still experimenting with a decent working method of removing the Tiger 1 Body from the Hull that does not include rebuilding the Tank afterwards :lolno:
My latest method had me unscrewing the feifal air cleaners from the back panel and screwing a countersunk neodymium magnet into the back of each of the feifal air cleaners and another into the inside of the rear plate opposite the air cleaner keeping the connection from the air cleaner to the hull mounted tubes all of a piece.
Now when I unlock the hull from the body I lift the body including the WHOLE feifal air cleaner system off at the same time.
It works but I am still looking for a better system.
What I have found is that using magnets to hold the flexible pipes to the tubes often means that when crossing rough ground the connection to the pipes fails meaning a disconnect hence the constant experiments to avoid the sight of the flexible air cleaner pipes suddenly sticking in the air. :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Hi, I am still experimenting with a decent working method of removing the Tiger 1 Body from the Hull that does not include rebuilding the Tank afterwards :lolno:
My latest method had me unscrewing the feifal air cleaners from the back panel and screwing a countersunk neodymium magnet into the back of each of the feifal air cleaners and another into the inside of the rear plate opposite the air cleaner keeping the connection from the air cleaner to the hull mounted tubes all of a piece.
Now when I unlock the hull from the body I lift the body including the WHOLE feifal air cleaner system off at the same time.
It works but I am still looking for a better system.
What I have found is that using magnets to hold the flexible pipes to the tubes often means that when crossing rough ground the connection to the pipes fails meaning a disconnect hence the constant experiments to avoid the sight of the flexible air cleaner pipes suddenly sticking in the air. :haha:
It's 'FEIFEL air cleaner, Shaun, not 'Feifal'. Just to be accurate. :D As for release mechanisms, I'm wondering whether the 'Clam-shell' lever system developed for opening the Taigen IS-2 metal edn., might be the ultimate solution. :| Daryll Turner was behind the development, on RCU- and it's quite a bold, if deceptively simple, piece of engineering.

Congrats again to you, Rob, on some nicely presented seasonal eye-candy. :thumbup: :clap:
Finding absolute scale compatibility in a garden setting is extremely difficult. :problem:

Congrats to you too, Rad, on the beautifully kitted out Panzer IV and the Winter-clad troops. Love the backdrop in the final pic- it's outstanding :thumbup:
A word of warning with a liberal supply of neodymium magnets: keep 'em away from your digital watch, and other delicate electronics :problem: Also, make sure they can't fall off, and be picked up by toddlers.
They can kill kids (if swallowed) :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Shaun, check the Licmas Heng Long Panzer website in Germany.
I got those 4 magnets for the Feiffel filters/hoses from him, and I must say they are pretty strong!
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

@ Rad...I need a Panzer IV too.......
Beautiful one you have created!
I have some more figures which are made for that tank, like the driver and radio operator and the same commander you have.
Most Eastfront tankriders on my Tiger, actually were made for the Pnzr IV.
But at first I have a Taigen Jagdpanther (metal edition) and one Heng Long StuG (plastic one) to get done.
Lack of time....space.....and money of course.....
Same story everywhere I am afraid.
One day I will get my Pnzr IV......
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
It's 'FEIFEL air cleaner, Shaun, not 'Feifal'. Just to be accurate.
How dare you correct Shaun?!? Don't you know who he is? Bwahahahaha @) :/ :haha:

Rob, those figures look just excellent. Very, very impressive. I have an idea you might find interesting, put the magnets in the Riders and then you can put magnets under the deck of any tank you want. If you have the magnets in two or more tanks you can just switch the Riders from tank to tank.

It's really too bad we have all that water in between us, because I have an IR P4 winter Edition, brand new in the box, that I could let you have for $325. That's what, about two hundred and fifty quid? We really need to do something about that freakin' ocean. 8O :crazy: :think:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Max-U52 wrote:
Rob, those figures look just excellent. Very, very impressive. I have an idea you might find interesting, put the magnets in the Riders and then you can put magnets under the deck of any tank you want. If you have the magnets in two or more tanks you can just switch the Riders from tank to tank.
k:
Thats what I wrote 4 posts above your lines, lol.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Max-U52 wrote:
k:
Thats what I wrote 4 posts above your lines, lol.
Not exactly. You said you put magnets inside the tank, I'm saying put magnets in more than one tank and all you have to do is pull them off one tank and stick them to the next tank.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Rob'59 wrote:
Exhibitedbrute wrote:I must get some tank riders for my t34s. Especially my winter one
Haven't seen much Russian tank riders yet.
There aint many Russian figures in 1:16 at all, as I am correct.
Some German webshops sell some painted sitting Russian tankriders thow.
Check Licmas Heng Long Tank panzer
Not in the way of factory made. Typically it’s just commanders. But there is someone I watch on eBay that does a large amount of figures. Looks to be resin and almost all German or Russian
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Do you have a link to the ebay figure man, please?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You have to be careful with resin figures on eBay, depending on your personal code of ethics. A lot of those figures that you see, especially if they say without the Box, have been ripped off from the artist that designed them and the original artist will not be receiving any of the money. I tried to avoid buying pieces like that.

Return to “General Discussion”