January TOTM chat thread.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

January TOTM chat thread.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Please feel free to chat about this month's TOTM and any models submitted.

The January TOTM submission thread can be found via the following link.
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=28981
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: January TOTM chat thread.

Post by Will01Capri »

We need some more tanks! Otherwise there is a clear default winner :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Will01Capri wrote:We need some more tanks! Otherwise there is a clear default winner :)
Yes, couldn't agree more.

Thank you Mr Panzerjaeger66 for your marvellous entry :thumbup:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Mr Jimster for another marvellous entry :thumbup:

I'll leave this month's submission open till tonight UK time, it looks like it'll be a two horse race this month.
Well, one will be guaranteed a place in the next Christmas Special lol.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Mr Ad Lav for a third marvellous entry :thumbup:

Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I don’t know wether to put forward an entry or not. Or which one to enter
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Exhibitedbrute wrote:I don’t know wether to put forward an entry or not. Or which one to enter
It would be appreciated should you decide to take part, and you have roughly 8 hours to decide :thumbup:

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Even with the small number of entries this will be another close match. All are most excellent tanks and look just great. I really wish I could see video of the E8 and Jimster's T1. (hint, hint) I love the new and improved smoke launchers on the T1, I wish I could see that Clark doing it's stuff. The convoy light is another nice detail on a a tank that has obviously had much, much attention paid to said detail.

And Adam, if it weren't for all that water I might be sending you PM's and pestering you to sell that E8. My favorite Sherman, and man have you done a fine job on it. Have you battled it yet, and if so, how did she perform? Your weathering is some of the best I've seen, subtle and very realistic. And your driver is great, think you could post a link to where I can get one like him? I doubt I can paint him as well, but I'm willing to try. 8)

And the AMX-13 is another awesome entry, a unique subject, skillfully presented, and the build quality is top notch. I got a real kick out of seeing him "drag race" that insect on the bridge. I love videos like that, and I can tell it has stock electronics, which to me is even more impressive. There's something extra special about a tank that looks that good and was brought in for a low budget. It takes skill to pull that off, and the AMX-13 has it down pat.

Not enough data on the hybrid Tiger!!

Once again, you guys have made it very difficult to decide who to vote for. Fine job, Lads. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Thanks Gary :)

She isn’t a battler, the M51 Sherman was my Sherman battler. Currently I only have one battle tank left, which is my Russian front Tiger I.

The figure is a stock Tamiya one with a new head. I recommended the figure set from Sol that Dave over at Forgebear sells. They are some of the best I’ve used.

As to selling it, sadly it’s a keeper. I had a really tough decision knowing what to keep and sell - it’s sister E8, the M4A1E8 is in the for sale section however :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Mr cannedheat for yet another marvellous entry :thumbup:

Gary, what you said about the amount of work, detail etc, you are so right, and I find it quite a shame that when most military models are painted in usually one colour, a lot of people miss those little extras, and any homemade/scratch built parts no matter how big or small :thumbup:

Return to “Tank of the Month”