RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PershingLover
Corporal

Re: RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

Post by PershingLover »

Hey Herman, I found something for you- a Stug with a plow! You feel up to some more brass work? :haha:
Attachments
images-1.jpg
images-1.jpg (11.11 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PershingLover wrote:Hey Herman, I found something for you- a Stug with a plow! You feel up to some more brass work? :haha:
Ha! The StuG bit yes, the IV base,no. I’m
Not a fan of the PzIV model.
There’s 3 pics that if found of the Panther dozer, as is the case when in need of more info, there is never enough!
In one of them, when I blow the picture up on a good screen, zimmerit can be made out on the mantlet.
On another angle though, it can’t be seen.
As for the mg and gunners sight penetrations, I’m going to assume they were plugged with wood or rag to reduce dust ingress.
The gun aperture Would also have been filled or covered .
Another question, why the turret at all ?
If this was a tank in for repair, and no gun was available, why not just leave the turret off all together and cover the ring with a canvas tarp ?
Plus, these early panthers had fragile final drives, especially with inferior crew operation, so I doubt this dozer would have lasted long ?

Perhaps I will just stop asking myself why & just finish it !!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Another question, why the turret at all ?
If this was a tank in for repair, and no gun was available, why not just leave the turret off all together and cover the ring with a canvas tarp ?
Plus, these early panthers had fragile final drives, especially with inferior crew operation, so I doubt this dozer would have lasted long ?

I was pondering this yesterday, best I could come up with is that the extra weight would aid with traction, and the dummy weights used for testing looked to be simple rings rather than a full enclosure? - you wouldn't want rubble pouring thru an open turret ring in the even of falling debris...
Again if we run with the 'factory test / prototype vehicle' idea, you'd be able to argue that the final drives would have had the later parts installed as part of any test program, and the guy at the controls could well have been the works test driver ;)
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Tiger6 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote: Another question, why the turret at all ?

I was pondering this yesterday, best I could come up with is that the extra weight would aid with traction, and the dummy weights used for testing looked to be simple rings rather than a full enclosure? - you wouldn't want rubble pouring thru an open turret ring in the even of falling debris...
Again if we run with the 'factory test / prototype vehicle' idea, you'd be able to argue that the final drives would have had the later parts installed as part of any test program, and the guy at the controls could well have been the works test driver ;)

Why not do something like the Bergepanther? A wooden deck, like on the model below? And I was also wondering about those final drives. Even the dozer blade was light, what happens when you have to push tons of rubble? It's a mystery. :haha:
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Sorry, here's the image.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (9.73 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ive been away out west for a week, back now.
Burnt landscape (from drought not fire) and dead Roo's are everywhere, flies................. :problem: like you cant imagine.

Have some pics of the ram-Panther not uploaded that I did prior to leaving.
The turret cam pattern was part Mr Selkirks 'A' requiem, and part advice from one of my tank mates that can paint.
I'm ok with the exposed primer patches that I masked with Panzer Putty, but they are very stark & bright at the moment.
A good wash & chip should calm them down. I hope.
Wheels are on, hub caps secured & punched in to place with a suitable 1/4" drive socket that fits over the hub centre.
Its coming good, but I wont be happy until its finished.
Attachments
P1180020.JPG
P1180022.JPG
P1180019.JPG
P1180018.JPG
P1180017.JPG
P1120016.JPG
P1120016.JPG (69.44 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
P1120015.JPG
P1120015.JPG (65.11 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
P1120011.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Do you hold your breath the first time you depress the air brush trigger on that first stroke of colour ? I certainly do :haha: . Nice job :clap:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Bix that paintjob is a work of art :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Smart work :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Wildboar44 wrote:Do you hold your breath the first time you depress the air brush trigger on that first stroke of colour ? I certainly do :haha: . Nice job :clap:
Yip, I most certainly do !
Trying to get the finger to carry out the picture in the minds eye is always a nervous time !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”